Greenville chooses Jessie Whitley to head water department
The Greenville City Council has selected Jessie Whitley as manager of the Water Department. Born and raised in Greenville, Whitley attended Mississippi Delta Community College and majored in business administration. In 1997, Whitley graduated from Delta State University with a BA in marketing, and advanced his education by earning an MBA from Delta State University in 2004.
From 2004 through 2012, Whitley worked in banking with Trustmark Bank, starting out as a teller and then advancing to a mortgage loan originator, then later as vice president of mortgage loan services. He then transitioned into non-profit work, serving as an operations manager at Mississippi Blood Services and later as CFO at Delta Foundation. He has also taught classes in marketing as an adjunct professor at Belhaven College.
Whitley will fill the vacancy left since Nov. 8, 2013 when Korey Adams resigned to take a job opportunity in Little Rock, Ark.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option