Greenville chooses Jessie Whitley to head water department
The Greenville City Council has selected Jessie Whitley as manager of the Water Department. Born and raised in Greenville, Whitley attended Mississippi Delta Community College and majored in business administration. In 1997, Whitley graduated from Delta State University with a BA in marketing, and advanced his education by earning an MBA from Delta State University in 2004.
From 2004 through 2012, Whitley worked in banking with Trustmark Bank, starting out as a teller and then advancing to a mortgage loan originator, then later as vice president of mortgage loan services. He then transitioned into non-profit work, serving as an operations manager at Mississippi Blood Services and later as CFO at Delta Foundation. He has also taught classes in marketing as an adjunct professor at Belhaven College.
Whitley will fill the vacancy left since Nov. 8, 2013 when Korey Adams resigned to take a job opportunity in Little Rock, Ark.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Gulf Coast's design studio teaches lessons on sustainability
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department