Greenville chooses Jessie Whitley to head water department
The Greenville City Council has selected Jessie Whitley as manager of the Water Department. Born and raised in Greenville, Whitley attended Mississippi Delta Community College and majored in business administration. In 1997, Whitley graduated from Delta State University with a BA in marketing, and advanced his education by earning an MBA from Delta State University in 2004.
From 2004 through 2012, Whitley worked in banking with Trustmark Bank, starting out as a teller and then advancing to a mortgage loan originator, then later as vice president of mortgage loan services. He then transitioned into non-profit work, serving as an operations manager at Mississippi Blood Services and later as CFO at Delta Foundation. He has also taught classes in marketing as an adjunct professor at Belhaven College.
Whitley will fill the vacancy left since Nov. 8, 2013 when Korey Adams resigned to take a job opportunity in Little Rock, Ark.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics