Neva Dryden, Emily Wilson recognized by Singing River Health System
Singing River Health System has honored Auxilians of the Year for 2013. At Singing River Hospital, Neva Dryden was honored as the Auxiliary Volunteer of the Year. Dryden has been a volunteer with Singing River Hospital since 1975 and she currently serves as the membership and orientation co-chair. Dryden and was employed at Ingalls Shipbuilding for several years. She is married and has three sons and eight grandchildren.
At Ocean Springs Hospital, Emily Wilson was honored as the Auxiliary Volunteer of the Year. Wilson has been a volunteer with Ocean Springs Hospital since 2007. She has worked in SICU, gift shop, MICU, corridor information desk, and has been the award manager, phone committee chair and corresponding secretary since shortly after joining the auxiliary. Wilson worked as a secretary in a school system on the Coast and moved around with her military husband about every 18 months. During that time she held a variety of office jobs including Pass and ID at Keesler, a trailer leasing company and real estate offices in Tampa, Fla. and Moore, Okla. She was the office manager for a Christian radio station in Pascagoula, house director and co-director at LOVE Boys Home in Bessimer and office manager/bookkeeper-house director of the Resource Center shelter for battered and abused women and children in Pearl. She and her husband retired in 2000 and moved to Ocean Springs. She has three children, seven grandchildren and five great-grandchildren. Besides volunteering at the hospital, she is a volunteer at her church and is involved in the Homemakers Association.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager