Waste Pro lowers amount of underpayment by city
Published: January 17,2014
NATCHEZ — Waste Pro USA has revised downward what it says the city of Natchez owes for underpayments since July.
Waste Pro Division Manager Doug Atkins told The Natchez Democrat that the $126,000 figure includes $63,000 for underpayments, and the rest is this month’s bill for service.
The city awarded Waste Pro for waste collection in November 2012.
Waste Management, which was also vying for the contract, sued the city. Waste Pro began service for the city while the lawsuit was pending.
A judge voided the contract and Waste Pro won a second round of bids.
When the new contract began in July, the city did not adjust its payment schedule for the new contract.
The city says it didn’t receive invoices for the new amount from Waste Pro.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics