Waste Pro lowers amount of underpayment by city
Published: January 17,2014
NATCHEZ — Waste Pro USA has revised downward what it says the city of Natchez owes for underpayments since July.
Waste Pro Division Manager Doug Atkins told The Natchez Democrat that the $126,000 figure includes $63,000 for underpayments, and the rest is this month’s bill for service.
The city awarded Waste Pro for waste collection in November 2012.
Waste Management, which was also vying for the contract, sued the city. Waste Pro began service for the city while the lawsuit was pending.
A judge voided the contract and Waste Pro won a second round of bids.
When the new contract began in July, the city did not adjust its payment schedule for the new contract.
The city says it didn’t receive invoices for the new amount from Waste Pro.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Short supplies, high demand boost cattle producer profits
- State certifies school referendum for 2015 ballot