Offer made for Natchez Regional Medical Center
Published: January 21,2014
Tags: acquisition, Adams County, county government, health care, Healthcare Management Partners, hospital, Leroy White, medical, medicine, Natchez County Board of Supervisors, Natchez Regional Medical Center, purchase, sale, Scott Phillips, sell
NATCHEZ — Officials say an offer has been made for the purchase of the county-owned Natchez Regional Medical Center.
Hospital Board chairman the Rev. Leroy White tells The Natchez Democrat the board will be meeting this week to discuss it with Healthcare Management Partners CEO Scott Phillips.
HMP was hired last July to help facilitate the sale of the hospital.
The meetings of the hospital and county boards will likely be behind closed doors, as have previous discussions about specific details about the sale.
If the hospital board decides the offer is an acceptable one, the county supervisors will still have to formally approve it before the sale process can move forward.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports