Offer made for Natchez Regional Medical Center
Published: January 21,2014
Tags: acquisition, Adams County, county government, health care, Healthcare Management Partners, hospital, Leroy White, medical, medicine, Natchez County Board of Supervisors, Natchez Regional Medical Center, purchase, sale, Scott Phillips, sell
NATCHEZ — Officials say an offer has been made for the purchase of the county-owned Natchez Regional Medical Center.
Hospital Board chairman the Rev. Leroy White tells The Natchez Democrat the board will be meeting this week to discuss it with Healthcare Management Partners CEO Scott Phillips.
HMP was hired last July to help facilitate the sale of the hospital.
The meetings of the hospital and county boards will likely be behind closed doors, as have previous discussions about specific details about the sale.
If the hospital board decides the offer is an acceptable one, the county supervisors will still have to formally approve it before the sale process can move forward.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow