Offer made for Natchez Regional Medical Center
Published: January 21,2014
Tags: acquisition, Adams County, county government, health care, Healthcare Management Partners, hospital, Leroy White, medical, medicine, Natchez County Board of Supervisors, Natchez Regional Medical Center, purchase, sale, Scott Phillips, sell
NATCHEZ — Officials say an offer has been made for the purchase of the county-owned Natchez Regional Medical Center.
Hospital Board chairman the Rev. Leroy White tells The Natchez Democrat the board will be meeting this week to discuss it with Healthcare Management Partners CEO Scott Phillips.
HMP was hired last July to help facilitate the sale of the hospital.
The meetings of the hospital and county boards will likely be behind closed doors, as have previous discussions about specific details about the sale.
If the hospital board decides the offer is an acceptable one, the county supervisors will still have to formally approve it before the sale process can move forward.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force