Offer made for Natchez Regional Medical Center
by Associated Press
Published: January 21,2014
Tags: acquisition, Adams County, county government, health care, Healthcare Management Partners, hospital, Leroy White, medical, medicine, Natchez County Board of Supervisors, Natchez Regional Medical Center, purchase, sale, Scott Phillips, sell
NATCHEZ — Officials say an offer has been made for the purchase of the county-owned Natchez Regional Medical Center.
Hospital Board chairman the Rev. Leroy White tells The Natchez Democrat the board will be meeting this week to discuss it with Healthcare Management Partners CEO Scott Phillips.
HMP was hired last July to help facilitate the sale of the hospital.
The meetings of the hospital and county boards will likely be behind closed doors, as have previous discussions about specific details about the sale.
If the hospital board decides the offer is an acceptable one, the county supervisors will still have to formally approve it before the sale process can move forward.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county