Offer made for Natchez Regional Medical Center
Published: January 21,2014
Tags: acquisition, Adams County, county government, health care, Healthcare Management Partners, hospital, Leroy White, medical, medicine, Natchez County Board of Supervisors, Natchez Regional Medical Center, purchase, sale, Scott Phillips, sell
NATCHEZ — Officials say an offer has been made for the purchase of the county-owned Natchez Regional Medical Center.
Hospital Board chairman the Rev. Leroy White tells The Natchez Democrat the board will be meeting this week to discuss it with Healthcare Management Partners CEO Scott Phillips.
HMP was hired last July to help facilitate the sale of the hospital.
The meetings of the hospital and county boards will likely be behind closed doors, as have previous discussions about specific details about the sale.
If the hospital board decides the offer is an acceptable one, the county supervisors will still have to formally approve it before the sale process can move forward.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators