Officials ask hospital negotiator to take counter-offer
Published: January 23,2014
Tags: acquisition, Adams County, Admas County Board of Supervisors, bid, county government, health care, Healthcare Management Partners, hospital, medical, medicine, Natchez Regional Medical Center, purchase, sale, Scott Phillips, sell
NATCHEZ — County and hospital officials told their negotiator to take a counter-offer to the bidder for Natchez Regional Medical Center.
The charge came yesterday after a closed-door meeting between the hospital’s board of trustees, the Adams County Board of Supervisors and Healthcare Management Partners Chief Executive Officer Scott Phillips.
Phillips, who the supervisors hired to help sell the hospital, told The Natchez Democrat he could not discuss the specifics of the offer or counter-offer because of the nature of negotiations.
The potential buyer has not been identified. The hospital is owned by Adams County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015