Officials ask hospital negotiator to take counter-offer
Published: January 23,2014
Tags: acquisition, Adams County, Admas County Board of Supervisors, bid, county government, health care, Healthcare Management Partners, hospital, medical, medicine, Natchez Regional Medical Center, purchase, sale, Scott Phillips, sell
NATCHEZ — County and hospital officials told their negotiator to take a counter-offer to the bidder for Natchez Regional Medical Center.
The charge came yesterday after a closed-door meeting between the hospital’s board of trustees, the Adams County Board of Supervisors and Healthcare Management Partners Chief Executive Officer Scott Phillips.
Phillips, who the supervisors hired to help sell the hospital, told The Natchez Democrat he could not discuss the specifics of the offer or counter-offer because of the nature of negotiations.
The potential buyer has not been identified. The hospital is owned by Adams County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years