Officials ask hospital negotiator to take counter-offer
Published: January 23,2014
Tags: acquisition, Adams County, Admas County Board of Supervisors, bid, county government, health care, Healthcare Management Partners, hospital, medical, medicine, Natchez Regional Medical Center, purchase, sale, Scott Phillips, sell
NATCHEZ — County and hospital officials told their negotiator to take a counter-offer to the bidder for Natchez Regional Medical Center.
The charge came yesterday after a closed-door meeting between the hospital’s board of trustees, the Adams County Board of Supervisors and Healthcare Management Partners Chief Executive Officer Scott Phillips.
Phillips, who the supervisors hired to help sell the hospital, told The Natchez Democrat he could not discuss the specifics of the offer or counter-offer because of the nature of negotiations.
The potential buyer has not been identified. The hospital is owned by Adams County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public