Officials ask hospital negotiator to take counter-offer
Published: January 23,2014
Tags: acquisition, Adams County, Admas County Board of Supervisors, bid, county government, health care, Healthcare Management Partners, hospital, medical, medicine, Natchez Regional Medical Center, purchase, sale, Scott Phillips, sell
NATCHEZ — County and hospital officials told their negotiator to take a counter-offer to the bidder for Natchez Regional Medical Center.
The charge came yesterday after a closed-door meeting between the hospital’s board of trustees, the Adams County Board of Supervisors and Healthcare Management Partners Chief Executive Officer Scott Phillips.
Phillips, who the supervisors hired to help sell the hospital, told The Natchez Democrat he could not discuss the specifics of the offer or counter-offer because of the nature of negotiations.
The potential buyer has not been identified. The hospital is owned by Adams County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years