Officials ask hospital negotiator to take counter-offer
by Associated Press
Published: January 23,2014
Tags: acquisition, Adams County, Admas County Board of Supervisors, bid, county government, health care, Healthcare Management Partners, hospital, medical, medicine, Natchez Regional Medical Center, purchase, sale, Scott Phillips, sell
NATCHEZ — County and hospital officials told their negotiator to take a counter-offer to the bidder for Natchez Regional Medical Center.
The charge came yesterday after a closed-door meeting between the hospital’s board of trustees, the Adams County Board of Supervisors and Healthcare Management Partners Chief Executive Officer Scott Phillips.
Phillips, who the supervisors hired to help sell the hospital, told The Natchez Democrat he could not discuss the specifics of the offer or counter-offer because of the nature of negotiations.
The potential buyer has not been identified. The hospital is owned by Adams County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge