State’s music, musicians take center stage at GRAMMY Week
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 23,2014
Tags: AT&T, BankPlus, Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Mississippi, Cleveland Music Foundation, Clive Davis Theater, creative economy, culuter, Delta State University, DMI Allstars, grammy, Grammy Museum, GRAMMY Week, Heritage, Mac McAnally, Mississippi Development Authority's Tourism Division, Mississippi Economic Council, music, musician, tourism, tourist, tricia Walker
LOS ANGELES — For the fifth year, Mississippi is showcasing its musical legacy as part of GRAMMY Week, a preamble to the GRAMMY Awards ceremony.
Today, the “Mississippi Music Celebration at the GRAMMY Museum” at L.A. LIVE in downtown Los Angeles is celebrating the state’s musical heritage and specifically honoring Mississippi’s pivotal role in the development of American popular music.
Tonight, a VIP reception and tour of the museum will be hosted featuring music from the DMI Allstars. Also, Mississippi’s Music Celebration will feature performances by the Mac McAnally, Tricia Walker and the DMI Allstars in the Museum’s Clive Davis Theater.
In April 2010, the state of Mississippi and the GRAMMY Museum announced the first ever satellite GRAMMY Museum to be built on the campus of Delta State University in Cleveland. GRAMMY Museum Mississippi and the Delta Music Institute will form a unique partnership that will inspire and help shape the music and musicians of today and for generations to come. GRAMMY Museum Mississippi will be dedicated to exploring the past, present and future of music and the cultural context from which it emerges. The Museum will use a dynamic combination of exhibits, public events, and educational programming to explore, celebrate, and experience the enduring legacies of all forms of re- corded music; the creative process of music making; the art and technology of the recording process; and the history of the GRAMMY Awards, the premier recognition of recorded music accomplishment.
The Mississippi Music Celebration at the GRAMMY Museum is made possible through the support of Mississippi Development Authority’s Tourism Division, AT&T, BankPlus, Mississippi Economic Council, Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Mississippi and the Cleveland Music Foundation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- DAVID DALLAS — Delbert Hosemann: An unsung hero chooses to remain so