Delta doctor arrested, charged with Medicaid fraud
Published: January 24,2014
GREENVILLE — A Greenville doctor has been charged with 13 counts of Medicaid fraud.
WABG-TV reports 43-year-old pediatrician Hosan Azomani was arrested by the attorney general’s office and Washington County sheriff’s deputies.
Azomani was indicted in December. The indictment became public when he was arrested.
Azomani works at the Children’s Medical Group.
He is free on $10,000 awaiting arraignment on the charges.
It was unclear whether Azomani has an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports
- Plan would give up to $1.5M to music recording, concerts