Delta doctor arrested, charged with Medicaid fraud
Published: January 24,2014
GREENVILLE — A Greenville doctor has been charged with 13 counts of Medicaid fraud.
WABG-TV reports 43-year-old pediatrician Hosan Azomani was arrested by the attorney general’s office and Washington County sheriff’s deputies.
Azomani was indicted in December. The indictment became public when he was arrested.
Azomani works at the Children’s Medical Group.
He is free on $10,000 awaiting arraignment on the charges.
It was unclear whether Azomani has an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015