Delta doctor arrested, charged with Medicaid fraud
by Associated Press
Published: January 24,2014
GREENVILLE — A Greenville doctor has been charged with 13 counts of Medicaid fraud.
WABG-TV reports 43-year-old pediatrician Hosan Azomani was arrested by the attorney general’s office and Washington County sheriff’s deputies.
Azomani was indicted in December. The indictment became public when he was arrested.
Azomani works at the Children’s Medical Group.
He is free on $10,000 awaiting arraignment on the charges.
It was unclear whether Azomani has an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data