Delta doctor arrested, charged with Medicaid fraud
by Associated Press
Published: January 24,2014
GREENVILLE — A Greenville doctor has been charged with 13 counts of Medicaid fraud.
WABG-TV reports 43-year-old pediatrician Hosan Azomani was arrested by the attorney general’s office and Washington County sheriff’s deputies.
Azomani was indicted in December. The indictment became public when he was arrested.
Azomani works at the Children’s Medical Group.
He is free on $10,000 awaiting arraignment on the charges.
It was unclear whether Azomani has an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability