Delta doctor arrested, charged with Medicaid fraud
Published: January 24,2014
GREENVILLE — A Greenville doctor has been charged with 13 counts of Medicaid fraud.
WABG-TV reports 43-year-old pediatrician Hosan Azomani was arrested by the attorney general’s office and Washington County sheriff’s deputies.
Azomani was indicted in December. The indictment became public when he was arrested.
Azomani works at the Children’s Medical Group.
He is free on $10,000 awaiting arraignment on the charges.
It was unclear whether Azomani has an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet