California company moving some production to state
by Associated Press
Published: January 27,2014
Tags: capital investment, Community Development Foundation, economic development, employment, expansion, General Atomics, job, job creation, manufacture, manufacturer, manufacturing, Mississippi Development Authority, Phil Bryant, town of Shannon, Tupelo/Lee Industrial Park South, work, worker
SHANNON — General Atomics is relocating some product lines from its Electromagnetic Systems Group to Shannon.
The company and Gov. Phil Bryant made the announcement today in Shannon. Bryant says in a news release that the relocation represents an $11 million investment by General Atomics and will create 80 new jobs.
The relocated product lines provide equipment and services to the defense, nuclear, oil and energy storage industries. They will locate in a vacant building in the Tupelo/Lee Industrial Park South. The 87,650-square-foot facility joins GA’s existing campus.
The Mississippi Development Authority provided $620,000 for building renovations and $300,000 for the extension of a roadway. The Community Development Foundation provided assistance for renovations, as well.
General Atomics, based in San Diego, Calif., is an advanced technology company.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data