After appeal, board terminates school principal
Published: January 29,2014
Tags: appeal, Belden Center, education, educator, employment, firing, Jimmy Weeks, Lee County, Lee County School Board, principal, public education, public school, Ralph Green, Shannon Middle School, termination
TUPELO — The Lee County School Board has voted to terminate former Belden Center principal Ralph Green.
Green, who was fired by superintendent Jimmy Weeks in September, had appealed the decision to the school board. He had a closed personnel hearing during the fall.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports the board discussed his appeal during a closed session last night and then voted to uphold the administrative recommendation.
Weeks said Green was terminated for neglecting to fulfill his responsibilities. The Belden Center is the school district’s alternative school. Green had previously served as principal at Shannon Middle School.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs