After appeal, board terminates school principal
Published: January 29,2014
Tags: appeal, Belden Center, education, educator, employment, firing, Jimmy Weeks, Lee County, Lee County School Board, principal, public education, public school, Ralph Green, Shannon Middle School, termination
TUPELO — The Lee County School Board has voted to terminate former Belden Center principal Ralph Green.
Green, who was fired by superintendent Jimmy Weeks in September, had appealed the decision to the school board. He had a closed personnel hearing during the fall.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports the board discussed his appeal during a closed session last night and then voted to uphold the administrative recommendation.
Weeks said Green was terminated for neglecting to fulfill his responsibilities. The Belden Center is the school district’s alternative school. Green had previously served as principal at Shannon Middle School.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Court tosses challenge to Miss. Silicon’s clean air permit
- S&P: State in top 10 in U.S. in sales tax dependency