After appeal, board terminates school principal
Published: January 29,2014
Tags: appeal, Belden Center, education, educator, employment, firing, Jimmy Weeks, Lee County, Lee County School Board, principal, public education, public school, Ralph Green, Shannon Middle School, termination
TUPELO — The Lee County School Board has voted to terminate former Belden Center principal Ralph Green.
Green, who was fired by superintendent Jimmy Weeks in September, had appealed the decision to the school board. He had a closed personnel hearing during the fall.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports the board discussed his appeal during a closed session last night and then voted to uphold the administrative recommendation.
Weeks said Green was terminated for neglecting to fulfill his responsibilities. The Belden Center is the school district’s alternative school. Green had previously served as principal at Shannon Middle School.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Chevron U.S.A.'s base oil facility begins production
- Medical transportation company opening operation/call center
- Corn growers watch bear market eat profits
- Chinese drywall manufacturer fined, banned from doing business in U.S.