After appeal, board terminates school principal
Published: January 29,2014
Tags: appeal, Belden Center, education, educator, employment, firing, Jimmy Weeks, Lee County, Lee County School Board, principal, public education, public school, Ralph Green, Shannon Middle School, termination
TUPELO — The Lee County School Board has voted to terminate former Belden Center principal Ralph Green.
Green, who was fired by superintendent Jimmy Weeks in September, had appealed the decision to the school board. He had a closed personnel hearing during the fall.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports the board discussed his appeal during a closed session last night and then voted to uphold the administrative recommendation.
Weeks said Green was terminated for neglecting to fulfill his responsibilities. The Belden Center is the school district’s alternative school. Green had previously served as principal at Shannon Middle School.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending