After appeal, board terminates school principal
Published: January 29,2014
Tags: appeal, Belden Center, education, educator, employment, firing, Jimmy Weeks, Lee County, Lee County School Board, principal, public education, public school, Ralph Green, Shannon Middle School, termination
TUPELO — The Lee County School Board has voted to terminate former Belden Center principal Ralph Green.
Green, who was fired by superintendent Jimmy Weeks in September, had appealed the decision to the school board. He had a closed personnel hearing during the fall.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports the board discussed his appeal during a closed session last night and then voted to uphold the administrative recommendation.
Weeks said Green was terminated for neglecting to fulfill his responsibilities. The Belden Center is the school district’s alternative school. Green had previously served as principal at Shannon Middle School.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option