Palmertree’s embezzlement trial set for March
Published: January 29,2014
VICKSBURG — Warren County Circuit Clerk Shelly Ashley Palmertree is scheduled for trial March 24 on three counts of embezzlement.
The Vicksburg Post reports that lawyers for Palmertree waived arraignment Monday.
Palmertree is charged with inappropriately taking funds from her office’s civil and criminal accounts into her circuit clerk fee account.
The circuit clerk collects fines and fees and restitution in criminal and civil cases.
Between Feb. 2-21 she allegedly transferred $5,000 from her office’s criminal account into the account from which she draws her salary, according to the indictment.
She is also accused of twice inappropriately transferring funds from the civil account into her personal account — once for $3,000 between Nov. 7 and Nov. 15 and once for $4,000 between Nov. 19 and Nov. 21.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money