Palmertree’s embezzlement trial set for March
Published: January 29,2014
VICKSBURG — Warren County Circuit Clerk Shelly Ashley Palmertree is scheduled for trial March 24 on three counts of embezzlement.
The Vicksburg Post reports that lawyers for Palmertree waived arraignment Monday.
Palmertree is charged with inappropriately taking funds from her office’s civil and criminal accounts into her circuit clerk fee account.
The circuit clerk collects fines and fees and restitution in criminal and civil cases.
Between Feb. 2-21 she allegedly transferred $5,000 from her office’s criminal account into the account from which she draws her salary, according to the indictment.
She is also accused of twice inappropriately transferring funds from the civil account into her personal account — once for $3,000 between Nov. 7 and Nov. 15 and once for $4,000 between Nov. 19 and Nov. 21.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss