Palmertree’s embezzlement trial set for March
Published: January 29,2014
VICKSBURG — Warren County Circuit Clerk Shelly Ashley Palmertree is scheduled for trial March 24 on three counts of embezzlement.
The Vicksburg Post reports that lawyers for Palmertree waived arraignment Monday.
Palmertree is charged with inappropriately taking funds from her office’s civil and criminal accounts into her circuit clerk fee account.
The circuit clerk collects fines and fees and restitution in criminal and civil cases.
Between Feb. 2-21 she allegedly transferred $5,000 from her office’s criminal account into the account from which she draws her salary, according to the indictment.
She is also accused of twice inappropriately transferring funds from the civil account into her personal account — once for $3,000 between Nov. 7 and Nov. 15 and once for $4,000 between Nov. 19 and Nov. 21.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast