Palmertree’s embezzlement trial set for March
Published: January 29,2014
VICKSBURG — Warren County Circuit Clerk Shelly Ashley Palmertree is scheduled for trial March 24 on three counts of embezzlement.
The Vicksburg Post reports that lawyers for Palmertree waived arraignment Monday.
Palmertree is charged with inappropriately taking funds from her office’s civil and criminal accounts into her circuit clerk fee account.
The circuit clerk collects fines and fees and restitution in criminal and civil cases.
Between Feb. 2-21 she allegedly transferred $5,000 from her office’s criminal account into the account from which she draws her salary, according to the indictment.
She is also accused of twice inappropriately transferring funds from the civil account into her personal account — once for $3,000 between Nov. 7 and Nov. 15 and once for $4,000 between Nov. 19 and Nov. 21.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Deal for daily Jackson-Orlando flight in works with Allegiant
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts