City considering new used car dealership ordinances
by Associated Press
Published: January 30,2014
HORN LAKE — As part of Horn Lake’s push to attract new business, city leaders are mulling changes to strict regulations governing used car dealerships.
Aldermen discussed the issue recently and left it in the hands of City Planner Austin Cardosi, who said he will look at ordinances in surrounding cities and possibly draft something for the city’s Planning Commission to consider before it comes back to aldermen.
City leaders say some used car dealerships have offered only a few older cars before going out of business without contributing anything to the city’s image or tax base.
Alderman Charlie Roberts tells The Commercial Appeal he wanted the city to be ready in case larger used car dealers, carrying late model vehicles, come calling.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data