Residents welcome above-freezing temperatures
Published: January 30,2014
SOUTH MISSISSIPPI — Residents of South Mississippi were ready for the big thaw today as temperatures were rapidly heading to the 50s and remaining ice was melting on bridges and roads.
Emergency officials in Harrison, Jackson and Hancock counties say they’ll be out early today seeing how the ice in melting on key bridges from Biloxi to Ocean Springs and from Pass Christian to Bay St. Louis.
Jackson County Emergency Services Director Earl Etheridge says the bridges on U.S. Highway 90 between Pascagoula and Gautier are still one-lane early Thursday.
Roads in south Mississippi were getting into good shape but some icing remained.
National Weather Service meteorologist Phil Brigsby says temperatures will begin in the low 20s or mid-teens depending on your distance from the Coast but will rise rapidly.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- Digital Editions - magazines