NEW & IMPROVED — With Business Marketplace, the MBJ puts a new slant on an old standard
by Frank Brown
Published: January 31,2014
The state’s largest business-to-business networking event will unveil a new name and a new format when it opens for its 31st year on April 3 at the Mississippi Trade Mart at the fairgrounds in Jackson.
The MBJ Business Marketplace — formerly the Mississippi Business & Technology EXPO — will now allow vendors to sell their wares on the showroom floor.
The Marketplace is sponsored by the Mississippi Business Journal and Comcast Business.
“We’re excited about the changes, and we think the changes to the Business Marketplace will be better for both our vendors and the Marketplace attendees,” said Alan Turner, publisher of the Mississippi Business Journal.
The one-day MBJ Business Marketplace will feature about 100 exhibits and vendors who will showcase products and services from Mississippi and nationwide. This year’s event will also feature a Best Places to Work Breakfast, the Top 40 Under 40 Awards Luncheon, free seminars, Business After Hours and a Cyber Café that will take care of visitors’ on-site wireless needs.
The Marketplace is open to the public, and admission is free to adults with a business card.
Vendors can now sell and showcase their merchandise that is business-to-business oriented. This includes merchandise and services such as business attire, security systems, landscape and more.
“In recent years, we’ve had numerous requests from businesses who want to offer specific products and services at this event, and after discussion, we thought this would be an excellent way to expand the event and make it more relevant to businesses and attendees alike,” Turner said.
Free seminars will offer Marketplace attendees and exhibitors additional opportunities to boost their business savvy. Also, attendees can learn from professional trainers about how to handle “tough” customers, implement new marketing strategies and more.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Inspectors find 'hot work' was cause of fatal explosion at fish plant
- Ground broken for new Hattiesburg Clinic facility