Vote on baseball stadium bonds could come next week
Published: January 31,2014
BILOXI — The Biloxi Council is expected to vote next Tuesday whether to issue $21 million in bonds to build a minor league baseball stadium.
The Sun Herald reports the council tabled a resolution this week to accept a $15-million grant from the state until next week’s meeting at 6 p.m.
The council also tabled until Tuesday hiring Dale Partners Architects.
City attorney Michael Collins said the architects have been working for a year on the stadium without a contract.
A group led by Ken Young bought the Class AA Huntsville Stars and the team will move to Biloxi when the stadium opens in 2015.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Vote on baseball stadium bonds could come next week”
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur