Vote on baseball stadium bonds could come next week
Published: January 31,2014
BILOXI — The Biloxi Council is expected to vote next Tuesday whether to issue $21 million in bonds to build a minor league baseball stadium.
The Sun Herald reports the council tabled a resolution this week to accept a $15-million grant from the state until next week’s meeting at 6 p.m.
The council also tabled until Tuesday hiring Dale Partners Architects.
City attorney Michael Collins said the architects have been working for a year on the stadium without a contract.
A group led by Ken Young bought the Class AA Huntsville Stars and the team will move to Biloxi when the stadium opens in 2015.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Vote on baseball stadium bonds could come next week”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win