Vote on baseball stadium bonds could come next week
Published: January 31,2014
BILOXI — The Biloxi Council is expected to vote next Tuesday whether to issue $21 million in bonds to build a minor league baseball stadium.
The Sun Herald reports the council tabled a resolution this week to accept a $15-million grant from the state until next week’s meeting at 6 p.m.
The council also tabled until Tuesday hiring Dale Partners Architects.
City attorney Michael Collins said the architects have been working for a year on the stadium without a contract.
A group led by Ken Young bought the Class AA Huntsville Stars and the team will move to Biloxi when the stadium opens in 2015.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Vote on baseball stadium bonds could come next week”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal