Vote on baseball stadium bonds could come next week
Published: January 31,2014
BILOXI — The Biloxi Council is expected to vote next Tuesday whether to issue $21 million in bonds to build a minor league baseball stadium.
The Sun Herald reports the council tabled a resolution this week to accept a $15-million grant from the state until next week’s meeting at 6 p.m.
The council also tabled until Tuesday hiring Dale Partners Architects.
City attorney Michael Collins said the architects have been working for a year on the stadium without a contract.
A group led by Ken Young bought the Class AA Huntsville Stars and the team will move to Biloxi when the stadium opens in 2015.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Vote on baseball stadium bonds could come next week”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast