Vote on baseball stadium bonds could come next week
Published: January 31,2014
BILOXI — The Biloxi Council is expected to vote next Tuesday whether to issue $21 million in bonds to build a minor league baseball stadium.
The Sun Herald reports the council tabled a resolution this week to accept a $15-million grant from the state until next week’s meeting at 6 p.m.
The council also tabled until Tuesday hiring Dale Partners Architects.
City attorney Michael Collins said the architects have been working for a year on the stadium without a contract.
A group led by Ken Young bought the Class AA Huntsville Stars and the team will move to Biloxi when the stadium opens in 2015.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Vote on baseball stadium bonds could come next week”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not
- Jon-Paul Croom made CEO