Nissan exec high on January sales despite weather
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 3,2014
CANTON — Nissan Group has released January U.S. sales number.
Mississippi-built product highlights include:
• Sales of the Nissan Frontier pickup rose 87.9 percent to 4,931 units
• Nissan Altima sales totaled 22,515 units in January, an increase of 4.9 percent
• Sales of Nissan Xterra rose 52.3 percent in January to 1,518 units
• Nissan Sentra sales rose to 9,127 units, an increase of 1.6 percent
“In spite of challenges posed by mother nature, Nissan continued on a roll in January, marking 10 monthly sales records in the last 11 months,” said Fred Diaz, Nissan’s senior vice president for U.S. sales & marketing, parts & service “Core models such as our all-new Rogue, now built here in the U.S., continue to spur growth in Nissan’s sales and market share.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer