Nissan exec high on January sales despite weather
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 3,2014
CANTON — Nissan Group has released January U.S. sales number.
Mississippi-built product highlights include:
• Sales of the Nissan Frontier pickup rose 87.9 percent to 4,931 units
• Nissan Altima sales totaled 22,515 units in January, an increase of 4.9 percent
• Sales of Nissan Xterra rose 52.3 percent in January to 1,518 units
• Nissan Sentra sales rose to 9,127 units, an increase of 1.6 percent
“In spite of challenges posed by mother nature, Nissan continued on a roll in January, marking 10 monthly sales records in the last 11 months,” said Fred Diaz, Nissan’s senior vice president for U.S. sales & marketing, parts & service “Core models such as our all-new Rogue, now built here in the U.S., continue to spur growth in Nissan’s sales and market share.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities