USM’s part-time MBA program makes national ranking
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 3,2014
Tags: education, graduate program, higher education, Institution of Higher Learning, magazine, Master of Business Administration, media, nistitution of higher learning, public university, ranking, U.S. News & World Report, University of Southern Mississippi
HATTIESBURG and LONG BEACH — The University of Southern Mississippi’s MBA program has been rated among the nation’s Top 200 part-time business programs in rankings for 2014 by U.S. News & World Report.
Southern Miss currently has approximately 50 students enrolled in the MBA program with most (78 percent) pursuing their degrees on a part-time basis.
U.S. News & World Report’s part-time MBA ranking is based on five factors: Average peer assessment score (50 percent of the school’s overall score); average GMAT score and average GRE quantitative and verbal scores of part-time MBA students entering in fall 2012 (15 percent), which took into account the admissions test scores of the entire entering class; their average undergraduate GPA (5 percent); work experience (15 percent); and percentage of the business school’s fall 2012 MBA enrollment that is part time (15 percent). The statistical data were collected in fall 2012 and early 2013.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren