Organizers high on spring furniture trade show
Published: February 4,2014
TUPELO — The Spring Tupelo Furniture Market opens Thursday with organizer saying that preregistration numbers up nearly 30 percent and available space is 99 percent filled.
The biannual furniture industry trade show ends Sunday.
Market president Kevin Seddon tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal if the weather cooperates and if the early numbers hold up, the spring market could be good for both buyers and sellers.
Seddon says the spring show will feature 41 new exhibitors, while 22 existing exhibitors expanded their space at the market. Seddon says there is a good mix of exhibitors — from promotional to mid-priced to higher-end lines.
New to the market this year is an event set aside for community college and university students to explore opportunities in the furniture industry.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force