Organizers high on spring furniture trade show
Published: February 4,2014
TUPELO — The Spring Tupelo Furniture Market opens Thursday with organizer saying that preregistration numbers up nearly 30 percent and available space is 99 percent filled.
The biannual furniture industry trade show ends Sunday.
Market president Kevin Seddon tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal if the weather cooperates and if the early numbers hold up, the spring market could be good for both buyers and sellers.
Seddon says the spring show will feature 41 new exhibitors, while 22 existing exhibitors expanded their space at the market. Seddon says there is a good mix of exhibitors — from promotional to mid-priced to higher-end lines.
New to the market this year is an event set aside for community college and university students to explore opportunities in the furniture industry.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible