Organizers high on spring furniture trade show
by Associated Press
Published: February 4,2014
TUPELO — The Spring Tupelo Furniture Market opens Thursday with organizer saying that preregistration numbers up nearly 30 percent and available space is 99 percent filled.
The biannual furniture industry trade show ends Sunday.
Market president Kevin Seddon tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal if the weather cooperates and if the early numbers hold up, the spring market could be good for both buyers and sellers.
Seddon says the spring show will feature 41 new exhibitors, while 22 existing exhibitors expanded their space at the market. Seddon says there is a good mix of exhibitors — from promotional to mid-priced to higher-end lines.
New to the market this year is an event set aside for community college and university students to explore opportunities in the furniture industry.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more