Organizers high on spring furniture trade show
Published: February 4,2014
TUPELO — The Spring Tupelo Furniture Market opens Thursday with organizer saying that preregistration numbers up nearly 30 percent and available space is 99 percent filled.
The biannual furniture industry trade show ends Sunday.
Market president Kevin Seddon tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal if the weather cooperates and if the early numbers hold up, the spring market could be good for both buyers and sellers.
Seddon says the spring show will feature 41 new exhibitors, while 22 existing exhibitors expanded their space at the market. Seddon says there is a good mix of exhibitors — from promotional to mid-priced to higher-end lines.
New to the market this year is an event set aside for community college and university students to explore opportunities in the furniture industry.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs