After review, hospital to declare bankruptcy
Published: February 5,2014
NATCHEZ — The Natchez Regional Medical Center plans to file for Chapter 9 bankruptcy.
Chief financial officer Charles Mock tells The Natchez Democrat the decision comes after a careful review of the hospital’s finances, which indicated the hospital’s financial liabilities exceed that of its assets by approximately $3 million.
Chief executive officer Donny Rentfro says decreases in revenues, including reimbursement from the federal government, are a significant factor in the hospital’s financial standing.
The hospital previously filed for bankruptcy in February 2009, exiting the process in December of the same year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future