After review, hospital to declare bankruptcy
Published: February 5,2014
NATCHEZ — The Natchez Regional Medical Center plans to file for Chapter 9 bankruptcy.
Chief financial officer Charles Mock tells The Natchez Democrat the decision comes after a careful review of the hospital’s finances, which indicated the hospital’s financial liabilities exceed that of its assets by approximately $3 million.
Chief executive officer Donny Rentfro says decreases in revenues, including reimbursement from the federal government, are a significant factor in the hospital’s financial standing.
The hospital previously filed for bankruptcy in February 2009, exiting the process in December of the same year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87