After review, hospital to declare bankruptcy
Published: February 5,2014
NATCHEZ — The Natchez Regional Medical Center plans to file for Chapter 9 bankruptcy.
Chief financial officer Charles Mock tells The Natchez Democrat the decision comes after a careful review of the hospital’s finances, which indicated the hospital’s financial liabilities exceed that of its assets by approximately $3 million.
Chief executive officer Donny Rentfro says decreases in revenues, including reimbursement from the federal government, are a significant factor in the hospital’s financial standing.
The hospital previously filed for bankruptcy in February 2009, exiting the process in December of the same year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports