After review, hospital to declare bankruptcy
Published: February 5,2014
NATCHEZ — The Natchez Regional Medical Center plans to file for Chapter 9 bankruptcy.
Chief financial officer Charles Mock tells The Natchez Democrat the decision comes after a careful review of the hospital’s finances, which indicated the hospital’s financial liabilities exceed that of its assets by approximately $3 million.
Chief executive officer Donny Rentfro says decreases in revenues, including reimbursement from the federal government, are a significant factor in the hospital’s financial standing.
The hospital previously filed for bankruptcy in February 2009, exiting the process in December of the same year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Scientists seeing more invasive trapjaw ants on Coast
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Trop Greenville ahead of schedule on significant expansion
- Judge rules for Fish and Wildlife Service in frog habitat case
- Diamondhead Casino Corporation wins site approval