After review, hospital to declare bankruptcy
Published: February 5,2014
NATCHEZ — The Natchez Regional Medical Center plans to file for Chapter 9 bankruptcy.
Chief financial officer Charles Mock tells The Natchez Democrat the decision comes after a careful review of the hospital’s finances, which indicated the hospital’s financial liabilities exceed that of its assets by approximately $3 million.
Chief executive officer Donny Rentfro says decreases in revenues, including reimbursement from the federal government, are a significant factor in the hospital’s financial standing.
The hospital previously filed for bankruptcy in February 2009, exiting the process in December of the same year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- The link between education and economic development