Wide load moving through Ocean Springs area
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 6,2014
OCEAN SPRINGS — Motorists traveling in the Ocean Springs area will need to watch for a wide load that could slow them down.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation has issued a wide load permit to Wise Trucking. Wise is moving 16 large fiberglass tanks from north of I-10 on Highway 57 at Ocean Springs to south of I-10 on Highway 57 at Ocean Springs.
The largest load will be 24 feet wide and 25 feet high, and will be accompanied by Jackson County Sherriff’s deputies and the Mississippi Highway Patrol as well as a bucket truck from a utility company.
Four of the 16 tanks will be transported today. The move is expected to begin at 9 a.m. and to be completed at approximately 2 p.m.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal