Wide load moving through Ocean Springs area
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 6,2014
OCEAN SPRINGS — Motorists traveling in the Ocean Springs area will need to watch for a wide load that could slow them down.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation has issued a wide load permit to Wise Trucking. Wise is moving 16 large fiberglass tanks from north of I-10 on Highway 57 at Ocean Springs to south of I-10 on Highway 57 at Ocean Springs.
The largest load will be 24 feet wide and 25 feet high, and will be accompanied by Jackson County Sherriff’s deputies and the Mississippi Highway Patrol as well as a bucket truck from a utility company.
Four of the 16 tanks will be transported today. The move is expected to begin at 9 a.m. and to be completed at approximately 2 p.m.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions