Wide load moving through Ocean Springs area
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 6,2014
OCEAN SPRINGS — Motorists traveling in the Ocean Springs area will need to watch for a wide load that could slow them down.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation has issued a wide load permit to Wise Trucking. Wise is moving 16 large fiberglass tanks from north of I-10 on Highway 57 at Ocean Springs to south of I-10 on Highway 57 at Ocean Springs.
The largest load will be 24 feet wide and 25 feet high, and will be accompanied by Jackson County Sherriff’s deputies and the Mississippi Highway Patrol as well as a bucket truck from a utility company.
Four of the 16 tanks will be transported today. The move is expected to begin at 9 a.m. and to be completed at approximately 2 p.m.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions