Wide load moving through Ocean Springs area
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 6,2014
OCEAN SPRINGS — Motorists traveling in the Ocean Springs area will need to watch for a wide load that could slow them down.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation has issued a wide load permit to Wise Trucking. Wise is moving 16 large fiberglass tanks from north of I-10 on Highway 57 at Ocean Springs to south of I-10 on Highway 57 at Ocean Springs.
The largest load will be 24 feet wide and 25 feet high, and will be accompanied by Jackson County Sherriff’s deputies and the Mississippi Highway Patrol as well as a bucket truck from a utility company.
Four of the 16 tanks will be transported today. The move is expected to begin at 9 a.m. and to be completed at approximately 2 p.m.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip