Wide load moving through Ocean Springs area
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 6,2014
OCEAN SPRINGS — Motorists traveling in the Ocean Springs area will need to watch for a wide load that could slow them down.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation has issued a wide load permit to Wise Trucking. Wise is moving 16 large fiberglass tanks from north of I-10 on Highway 57 at Ocean Springs to south of I-10 on Highway 57 at Ocean Springs.
The largest load will be 24 feet wide and 25 feet high, and will be accompanied by Jackson County Sherriff’s deputies and the Mississippi Highway Patrol as well as a bucket truck from a utility company.
Four of the 16 tanks will be transported today. The move is expected to begin at 9 a.m. and to be completed at approximately 2 p.m.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House