Ben Burnett takes over as Dean of Education at William Carey
by For the MBJ
Published: February 7,2014
Lamar County School District superintendent Ben Burnett has been hired as dean of William Carey University’s School of Education. Burnett fills a space vacant at William Carey since Barry Morris stepped down last summer as permanent dean to become chair of the department of curriculum and instruction. Burnett will take over the job June 1.
The 49-year-old Burnett is in his second term as superintendent in Lamar County. Burnett has been with the Lamar County school system for 26 years as a teacher and principal, in addition to superintendent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste