Ben Burnett takes over as Dean of Education at William Carey
by For the MBJ
Published: February 7,2014
Lamar County School District superintendent Ben Burnett has been hired as dean of William Carey University’s School of Education. Burnett fills a space vacant at William Carey since Barry Morris stepped down last summer as permanent dean to become chair of the department of curriculum and instruction. Burnett will take over the job June 1.
The 49-year-old Burnett is in his second term as superintendent in Lamar County. Burnett has been with the Lamar County school system for 26 years as a teacher and principal, in addition to superintendent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi