Ben Burnett takes over as Dean of Education at William Carey
by For the MBJ
Published: February 7,2014
Lamar County School District superintendent Ben Burnett has been hired as dean of William Carey University’s School of Education. Burnett fills a space vacant at William Carey since Barry Morris stepped down last summer as permanent dean to become chair of the department of curriculum and instruction. Burnett will take over the job June 1.
The 49-year-old Burnett is in his second term as superintendent in Lamar County. Burnett has been with the Lamar County school system for 26 years as a teacher and principal, in addition to superintendent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)