Ben Burnett takes over as Dean of Education at William Carey
by For the MBJ
Published: February 7,2014
Lamar County School District superintendent Ben Burnett has been hired as dean of William Carey University’s School of Education. Burnett fills a space vacant at William Carey since Barry Morris stepped down last summer as permanent dean to become chair of the department of curriculum and instruction. Burnett will take over the job June 1.
The 49-year-old Burnett is in his second term as superintendent in Lamar County. Burnett has been with the Lamar County school system for 26 years as a teacher and principal, in addition to superintendent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary