Greenwood promotes Ray Moore to acting police chief
Greenwood Police Lt. Ray Moore is acting police chief in the Mississippi Delta city. Greenwood has been without a permanent chief since the retirement of Henry Purnell in September. Johnny Langdon Sr. has been serving as acting chief but he retired Jan. 29.
The 57-year-old Moore has been with the department for 17 years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study