Greenwood promotes Ray Moore to acting police chief
Greenwood Police Lt. Ray Moore is acting police chief in the Mississippi Delta city. Greenwood has been without a permanent chief since the retirement of Henry Purnell in September. Johnny Langdon Sr. has been serving as acting chief but he retired Jan. 29.
The 57-year-old Moore has been with the department for 17 years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues