Greenwood promotes Ray Moore to acting police chief
Greenwood Police Lt. Ray Moore is acting police chief in the Mississippi Delta city. Greenwood has been without a permanent chief since the retirement of Henry Purnell in September. Johnny Langdon Sr. has been serving as acting chief but he retired Jan. 29.
The 57-year-old Moore has been with the department for 17 years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law