Mississippi State’s Rocky Lemus earns award
Rocky Lemus, a Mississippi State University forage expert, received an award for outstanding contributions to the field from the American Forage and Grassland Council during its recent national meeting. Lemus was recognized with the merit award for superior contributions to forage and grassland agriculture. He has a joint appointment with the MSU Extension Service and the Mississippi Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station.
Lemus received his master’s degree in agronomy from Iowa State University and a doctorate in crop and soil environmental sciences from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Before coming to MSU in 2007, he was an assistant professor in the Agricultural Sciences Department at Texas A&M-Commerce, where he was responsible for teaching, Extension and research.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions