Mississippi State’s Rocky Lemus earns award
Rocky Lemus, a Mississippi State University forage expert, received an award for outstanding contributions to the field from the American Forage and Grassland Council during its recent national meeting. Lemus was recognized with the merit award for superior contributions to forage and grassland agriculture. He has a joint appointment with the MSU Extension Service and the Mississippi Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station.
Lemus received his master’s degree in agronomy from Iowa State University and a doctorate in crop and soil environmental sciences from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Before coming to MSU in 2007, he was an assistant professor in the Agricultural Sciences Department at Texas A&M-Commerce, where he was responsible for teaching, Extension and research.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal