Mississippi State’s Rocky Lemus earns award
Rocky Lemus, a Mississippi State University forage expert, received an award for outstanding contributions to the field from the American Forage and Grassland Council during its recent national meeting. Lemus was recognized with the merit award for superior contributions to forage and grassland agriculture. He has a joint appointment with the MSU Extension Service and the Mississippi Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station.
Lemus received his master’s degree in agronomy from Iowa State University and a doctorate in crop and soil environmental sciences from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Before coming to MSU in 2007, he was an assistant professor in the Agricultural Sciences Department at Texas A&M-Commerce, where he was responsible for teaching, Extension and research.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers