Mississippi State’s Rocky Lemus earns award
Rocky Lemus, a Mississippi State University forage expert, received an award for outstanding contributions to the field from the American Forage and Grassland Council during its recent national meeting. Lemus was recognized with the merit award for superior contributions to forage and grassland agriculture. He has a joint appointment with the MSU Extension Service and the Mississippi Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station.
Lemus received his master’s degree in agronomy from Iowa State University and a doctorate in crop and soil environmental sciences from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Before coming to MSU in 2007, he was an assistant professor in the Agricultural Sciences Department at Texas A&M-Commerce, where he was responsible for teaching, Extension and research.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter