Louisiana company buying Deaconess HomeCare
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 10,2014
FLOWOOD — LHC Group Inc., a national provider of home health, hospice and comprehensive post-acute health care services based in Lafayette, La., has signed a definitive stock purchase agreement with BioScrip Inc. to purchase two of its operating subsidiaries, doing business as Deaconess HomeCare and Elk Valley Health Services, for $60 million.
The transaction will add 33 locations in five states, increasing LHC Group’s geographical footprint to 342 locations across 27 states. The transaction, which is expected to close by the end of the first quarter of 2014, subject to customary closing conditions, is anticipated to be accretive to LHC Group’s 2014 earnings by between $0.05 and $0.10 per diluted share.
The combined service area of Deaconess HomeCare and Elk Valley Health Services, collectively one of the nation’s largest home health providers, includes 121 counties for home health, 30 counties for hospice and 95 counties for community-based services in the states of Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois, and Nebraska. Annual revenues are approximately $72.6 million.
Established in 1969, Deaconess HomeCare has 15 locations in Mississippi.
“When we founded LHC Group 20 years ago, Deaconess HomeCare already had a strong reputation as one of the nation’s premier providers,” said Keith Myers, LHC Group chairman and CEO. “Joining forces with a provider of this caliber marks a great day for our company.”
“We feel the time is right to form this partnership for the benefit of our patients and employees — and given our shared values and culture, it is clear that LHC Group is the right partner,” said Penny Lovitt, vice president of operations at Deaconess HomeCare.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today