Louisiana company buying Deaconess HomeCare
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 10,2014
FLOWOOD — LHC Group Inc., a national provider of home health, hospice and comprehensive post-acute health care services based in Lafayette, La., has signed a definitive stock purchase agreement with BioScrip Inc. to purchase two of its operating subsidiaries, doing business as Deaconess HomeCare and Elk Valley Health Services, for $60 million.
The transaction will add 33 locations in five states, increasing LHC Group’s geographical footprint to 342 locations across 27 states. The transaction, which is expected to close by the end of the first quarter of 2014, subject to customary closing conditions, is anticipated to be accretive to LHC Group’s 2014 earnings by between $0.05 and $0.10 per diluted share.
The combined service area of Deaconess HomeCare and Elk Valley Health Services, collectively one of the nation’s largest home health providers, includes 121 counties for home health, 30 counties for hospice and 95 counties for community-based services in the states of Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois, and Nebraska. Annual revenues are approximately $72.6 million.
Established in 1969, Deaconess HomeCare has 15 locations in Mississippi.
“When we founded LHC Group 20 years ago, Deaconess HomeCare already had a strong reputation as one of the nation’s premier providers,” said Keith Myers, LHC Group chairman and CEO. “Joining forces with a provider of this caliber marks a great day for our company.”
“We feel the time is right to form this partnership for the benefit of our patients and employees — and given our shared values and culture, it is clear that LHC Group is the right partner,” said Penny Lovitt, vice president of operations at Deaconess HomeCare.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- News The Way You Want It!
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software