MDEQ lifts water contact advisory on Coast beach
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 10,2014
WAVELAND — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, has lifted a water contact advisory that was issued Feb. 6.
The affected beach was Station 3 at Waveland Beach, which extends from Oak Street east to Favre Street.
Water samples at this station show the area has attained acceptable bacteria levels.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement