MDEQ lifts water contact advisory on Coast beach
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 10,2014
WAVELAND — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, has lifted a water contact advisory that was issued Feb. 6.
The affected beach was Station 3 at Waveland Beach, which extends from Oak Street east to Favre Street.
Water samples at this station show the area has attained acceptable bacteria levels.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program