MDEQ lifts water contact advisory on Coast beach
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 10,2014
WAVELAND — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, has lifted a water contact advisory that was issued Feb. 6.
The affected beach was Station 3 at Waveland Beach, which extends from Oak Street east to Favre Street.
Water samples at this station show the area has attained acceptable bacteria levels.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending