Anderson leaving Singing River; going to Baptist
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 11,2014
PASCAGOULA — Chris Anderson, CEO of Singing River Health System (SRHS) since 1998, is leaving to take a similar position at Baptist Health Systems in Jackson. His last day at SRHS will be March 1.
Anderson originally came to SRHS in 1994 as controller. He steadily moved through the administrative ranks until being appointed CEO on June 1, 1998.
“Chris and I have worked together serving Singing River Health System for the past 16 years,” said Michael J. Heidelberg, president of the board of trustees for SRHS. “During that time period, we have developed a true friendship and a very positive and productive working relationship. Chris has devoted himself to assuring that Singing River Health System was providing the best quality of health care available to the citizens of our community, and, noting the world-class heath care we provide locally, I would say that he has definitely accomplished his goal.
Kevin Holland, currently COO/operations, has been named by the board of trustees as interim CEO. Holland is a native of Jackson County and has been with SRHS since 1998.
The board of trustees will meet in the coming weeks to determine the process by which a new CEO will be selected for the Health System.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics