Memorial Hospital launches major expansion
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 11,2014
GULFPORT — Memorial Hospital at Gulfport held the Main Patient Tower expansion construction launch and tours of new model rooms yesterday.
The Main Patient Tower expansion will add two new floors and larger, modern patient rooms. The new modern rooms will be nearly 50 percent larger than current patient rooms, and will provide flexibility for critical care use to address future health care needs.
This project represents a capital investment of over $50 million. Twenty construction bid packages have been awarded to date, totaling $26 million. Fifteen of the bid package recipients are Mississippi state firms – of which, 11 are firms from the Mississippi Gulf Coast. To date, $23 million in bids have been awarded to Mississippi state firms — of which, $19 million has been awarded to Mississippi Gulf Coast firms.
The architect for the project is Blitch Knevel, and the contract manager is Roy Anderson Corp.
At the peak of construction, more than 150 workers will be on-site for the project.
Major construction began last month. The project is expected to be completed in 2017.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability