Memorial Hospital launches major expansion
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 11,2014
GULFPORT — Memorial Hospital at Gulfport held the Main Patient Tower expansion construction launch and tours of new model rooms yesterday.
The Main Patient Tower expansion will add two new floors and larger, modern patient rooms. The new modern rooms will be nearly 50 percent larger than current patient rooms, and will provide flexibility for critical care use to address future health care needs.
This project represents a capital investment of over $50 million. Twenty construction bid packages have been awarded to date, totaling $26 million. Fifteen of the bid package recipients are Mississippi state firms – of which, 11 are firms from the Mississippi Gulf Coast. To date, $23 million in bids have been awarded to Mississippi state firms — of which, $19 million has been awarded to Mississippi Gulf Coast firms.
The architect for the project is Blitch Knevel, and the contract manager is Roy Anderson Corp.
At the peak of construction, more than 150 workers will be on-site for the project.
Major construction began last month. The project is expected to be completed in 2017.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force