Memorial Hospital launches major expansion
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 11,2014
GULFPORT — Memorial Hospital at Gulfport held the Main Patient Tower expansion construction launch and tours of new model rooms yesterday.
The Main Patient Tower expansion will add two new floors and larger, modern patient rooms. The new modern rooms will be nearly 50 percent larger than current patient rooms, and will provide flexibility for critical care use to address future health care needs.
This project represents a capital investment of over $50 million. Twenty construction bid packages have been awarded to date, totaling $26 million. Fifteen of the bid package recipients are Mississippi state firms – of which, 11 are firms from the Mississippi Gulf Coast. To date, $23 million in bids have been awarded to Mississippi state firms — of which, $19 million has been awarded to Mississippi Gulf Coast firms.
The architect for the project is Blitch Knevel, and the contract manager is Roy Anderson Corp.
At the peak of construction, more than 150 workers will be on-site for the project.
Major construction began last month. The project is expected to be completed in 2017.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more