Memorial Hospital launches major expansion
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 11,2014
GULFPORT — Memorial Hospital at Gulfport held the Main Patient Tower expansion construction launch and tours of new model rooms yesterday.
The Main Patient Tower expansion will add two new floors and larger, modern patient rooms. The new modern rooms will be nearly 50 percent larger than current patient rooms, and will provide flexibility for critical care use to address future health care needs.
This project represents a capital investment of over $50 million. Twenty construction bid packages have been awarded to date, totaling $26 million. Fifteen of the bid package recipients are Mississippi state firms – of which, 11 are firms from the Mississippi Gulf Coast. To date, $23 million in bids have been awarded to Mississippi state firms — of which, $19 million has been awarded to Mississippi Gulf Coast firms.
The architect for the project is Blitch Knevel, and the contract manager is Roy Anderson Corp.
At the peak of construction, more than 150 workers will be on-site for the project.
Major construction began last month. The project is expected to be completed in 2017.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Inspectors find 'hot work' was cause of fatal explosion at fish plant
- Ground broken for new Hattiesburg Clinic facility