Memorial Hospital launches major expansion
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 11,2014
GULFPORT — Memorial Hospital at Gulfport held the Main Patient Tower expansion construction launch and tours of new model rooms yesterday.
The Main Patient Tower expansion will add two new floors and larger, modern patient rooms. The new modern rooms will be nearly 50 percent larger than current patient rooms, and will provide flexibility for critical care use to address future health care needs.
This project represents a capital investment of over $50 million. Twenty construction bid packages have been awarded to date, totaling $26 million. Fifteen of the bid package recipients are Mississippi state firms – of which, 11 are firms from the Mississippi Gulf Coast. To date, $23 million in bids have been awarded to Mississippi state firms — of which, $19 million has been awarded to Mississippi Gulf Coast firms.
The architect for the project is Blitch Knevel, and the contract manager is Roy Anderson Corp.
At the peak of construction, more than 150 workers will be on-site for the project.
Major construction began last month. The project is expected to be completed in 2017.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending