AT&T Mobillity, union hammer out tentative agreement
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 12,2014
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI —AT&T Mobility has reached a tentative agreement with the Communications Workers of America in Mobility Southeast contract negotiations.
The four-year agreement, which will be submitted to the union’s membership for a ratification vote in coming days, covers more than 11,500 AT&T Mobility employees in CWA District 3 — the Southeast Region, which includes Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and St. Croix, USVI.
The agreement covers wages, pension, work rules and disability benefits. CWA members in October 2012 ratified a separate four-year benefit agreement for all CWA-bargained Mobility employees nationwide covering health care and certain other benefits.
AT&T Mobility said it would not comment on details of the tentative agreement until it has been presented by leadership to the members for a vote.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics