AT&T Mobillity, union hammer out tentative agreement
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 12,2014
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI —AT&T Mobility has reached a tentative agreement with the Communications Workers of America in Mobility Southeast contract negotiations.
The four-year agreement, which will be submitted to the union’s membership for a ratification vote in coming days, covers more than 11,500 AT&T Mobility employees in CWA District 3 — the Southeast Region, which includes Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and St. Croix, USVI.
The agreement covers wages, pension, work rules and disability benefits. CWA members in October 2012 ratified a separate four-year benefit agreement for all CWA-bargained Mobility employees nationwide covering health care and certain other benefits.
AT&T Mobility said it would not comment on details of the tentative agreement until it has been presented by leadership to the members for a vote.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders