AT&T Mobillity, union hammer out tentative agreement
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 12,2014
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI —AT&T Mobility has reached a tentative agreement with the Communications Workers of America in Mobility Southeast contract negotiations.
The four-year agreement, which will be submitted to the union’s membership for a ratification vote in coming days, covers more than 11,500 AT&T Mobility employees in CWA District 3 — the Southeast Region, which includes Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and St. Croix, USVI.
The agreement covers wages, pension, work rules and disability benefits. CWA members in October 2012 ratified a separate four-year benefit agreement for all CWA-bargained Mobility employees nationwide covering health care and certain other benefits.
AT&T Mobility said it would not comment on details of the tentative agreement until it has been presented by leadership to the members for a vote.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- News The Way You Want It!
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software