AT&T Mobillity, union hammer out tentative agreement
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 12,2014
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI —AT&T Mobility has reached a tentative agreement with the Communications Workers of America in Mobility Southeast contract negotiations.
The four-year agreement, which will be submitted to the union’s membership for a ratification vote in coming days, covers more than 11,500 AT&T Mobility employees in CWA District 3 — the Southeast Region, which includes Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and St. Croix, USVI.
The agreement covers wages, pension, work rules and disability benefits. CWA members in October 2012 ratified a separate four-year benefit agreement for all CWA-bargained Mobility employees nationwide covering health care and certain other benefits.
AT&T Mobility said it would not comment on details of the tentative agreement until it has been presented by leadership to the members for a vote.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- Higher rates for Humana, lower for Magnolia ahead on health exchange