Company moving boiler from Golden Triangle to Tennessee
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 17,2014
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — Motorists in North Mississippi might be delayed by a wide load that begins moving through the region this morning.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has issued a wide load permit to Diamond Heavy Haul.
Diamond will move a boiler along an approved route from West Point to the Tennessee State line. The load is 23 feet wide, 15 1/2 feet high, 195 feet long and weighs 257.5 tons. The load will be accompanied by a civilian and law enforcement escort.
The wide load will move from West Point along U.S. Highway 45A and U.S. Highway 45 to the Tennessee State line.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- MSU sets new annual fundraising record of $106M-plus