Home Bancorp completes acquisition of B&K
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 17,2014
Tags: acquisition, bank, banking, Britton & Koontz Bank, Britton & Koontz Capital Corporation, buy, finance, financial institution, Home Bancorp Inc., Home Bank, merger, purchase, sale, sell, W. Page Ogden
NATCHEZ — Home Bancorp Inc., the Lafayette, La.-based holding company of the 105-year-old Home Bank, has completed its acquisition of Britton & Koontz Capital Corporation, the holding company of Britton & Koontz Bank, N.A.
Shareholders of Britton & Koontz will receive $16.14 per share in cash, resulting in an aggregate deal value of $34.5 million.
The combined company has total assets of approximately $1.2 billion, $870 million in loans and $960 million in deposits.
“As we’ve gotten to know Home Bank’s leadership and culture over the past months,” said W. Page Ogden, president and CEO of Britton & Koontz, “we enter this new era of banking certain we’ve partnered with people who share the values of our customers and colleagues.”
Britton & Koontz’s Deanna Bowser has been named Home Bank’s market president for Mississippi.
Home Bank plans to convert the branch and operating systems of the former Britton & Koontz Bank locations to those of Home Bank next month.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail