Home Bancorp completes acquisition of B&K
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 17,2014
Tags: acquisition, bank, banking, Britton & Koontz Bank, Britton & Koontz Capital Corporation, buy, finance, financial institution, Home Bancorp Inc., Home Bank, merger, purchase, sale, sell, W. Page Ogden
NATCHEZ — Home Bancorp Inc., the Lafayette, La.-based holding company of the 105-year-old Home Bank, has completed its acquisition of Britton & Koontz Capital Corporation, the holding company of Britton & Koontz Bank, N.A.
Shareholders of Britton & Koontz will receive $16.14 per share in cash, resulting in an aggregate deal value of $34.5 million.
The combined company has total assets of approximately $1.2 billion, $870 million in loans and $960 million in deposits.
“As we’ve gotten to know Home Bank’s leadership and culture over the past months,” said W. Page Ogden, president and CEO of Britton & Koontz, “we enter this new era of banking certain we’ve partnered with people who share the values of our customers and colleagues.”
Britton & Koontz’s Deanna Bowser has been named Home Bank’s market president for Mississippi.
Home Bank plans to convert the branch and operating systems of the former Britton & Koontz Bank locations to those of Home Bank next month.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Short supplies, high demand boost cattle producer profits
- State certifies school referendum for 2015 ballot