Hood buying paper packaging unit from Wisconsin company
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 17,2014
MADISON — Bemis Company Inc. of Neenah, Wis., has reached an agreement to sell its Paper Packaging Division to Hood Packaging Corporation, a privately held company headquartered in Madison and Burlington, Ontario. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
This transaction, which is subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approval, is expected to close during the first quarter of 2014. Terms were not disclosed.
Bemis’ Paper Packaging Division recorded sales of approximately $160 million in 2013.
The sale of the Paper Packaging Division includes the offices and manufacturing facilities located in Omaha, Neb.; Crossett, Ark.; Vancouver, Wash.; and Minneapolis, Minn.
Hood Packaging supplies paper flexible packaging and bags, consumer plastic packaging, and industrial plastic packaging from its facilities located across the United States and Canada.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow