Hood buying paper packaging unit from Wisconsin company
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 17,2014
MADISON — Bemis Company Inc. of Neenah, Wis., has reached an agreement to sell its Paper Packaging Division to Hood Packaging Corporation, a privately held company headquartered in Madison and Burlington, Ontario. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
This transaction, which is subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approval, is expected to close during the first quarter of 2014. Terms were not disclosed.
Bemis’ Paper Packaging Division recorded sales of approximately $160 million in 2013.
The sale of the Paper Packaging Division includes the offices and manufacturing facilities located in Omaha, Neb.; Crossett, Ark.; Vancouver, Wash.; and Minneapolis, Minn.
Hood Packaging supplies paper flexible packaging and bags, consumer plastic packaging, and industrial plastic packaging from its facilities located across the United States and Canada.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M