Hood buying paper packaging unit from Wisconsin company
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 17,2014
MADISON — Bemis Company Inc. of Neenah, Wis., has reached an agreement to sell its Paper Packaging Division to Hood Packaging Corporation, a privately held company headquartered in Madison and Burlington, Ontario. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
This transaction, which is subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approval, is expected to close during the first quarter of 2014. Terms were not disclosed.
Bemis’ Paper Packaging Division recorded sales of approximately $160 million in 2013.
The sale of the Paper Packaging Division includes the offices and manufacturing facilities located in Omaha, Neb.; Crossett, Ark.; Vancouver, Wash.; and Minneapolis, Minn.
Hood Packaging supplies paper flexible packaging and bags, consumer plastic packaging, and industrial plastic packaging from its facilities located across the United States and Canada.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager