MDA awards funding for site development
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 17,2014
Tags: Area Development Partnership, Brookhaven-Lincoln County Chamber of Commerce and Industrial Development Foundation, City of Booneville, economic development, Economic Development Authority of Jones County, Hacock County Port and Harbor, Madison County Economic Development Authority, Mississippi Development Authority, Panola Partnership, Prentiss County, site development, Site Selection, Washington County, Winston County Economic Development Partnership
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Development Authority recently awarded nine Site Development Grants to economic development entities throughout the state.
Recipients of Site Development Grant Program funds for 2013 are: Panola Partnership; Washington County; Booneville-Prentiss County; Madison County Economic Development Authority; Winston County Economic Development Partnership; Brookhaven-Lincoln County Chamber and Industrial Development Foundation; Economic Development Authority of Jones County; Area Development Partnership; and Hancock County Port and Harbor.
The matching grant program is designed to assist nonprofit economic development organizations or local governments in preparing available greenfield sites for industrial development.
The program is open to all economic development organizations and units of local government. Grant recipients are selected after MDA’s Grants Review Committee reviews each application’s proposed site development and its potential for improving industrial recruitment efforts.
Applicants can only apply for one project and must match state grant dollars 1:1. Individual county projects are eligible for a maximum of $25,000 in matching funds from MDA, and multi-county proposals are eligible for up to $35,000 in matching funds.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits