MDA awards funding for site development
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 17,2014
Tags: Area Development Partnership, Brookhaven-Lincoln County Chamber of Commerce and Industrial Development Foundation, City of Booneville, economic development, Economic Development Authority of Jones County, Hacock County Port and Harbor, Madison County Economic Development Authority, Mississippi Development Authority, Panola Partnership, Prentiss County, site development, Site Selection, Washington County, Winston County Economic Development Partnership
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Development Authority recently awarded nine Site Development Grants to economic development entities throughout the state.
Recipients of Site Development Grant Program funds for 2013 are: Panola Partnership; Washington County; Booneville-Prentiss County; Madison County Economic Development Authority; Winston County Economic Development Partnership; Brookhaven-Lincoln County Chamber and Industrial Development Foundation; Economic Development Authority of Jones County; Area Development Partnership; and Hancock County Port and Harbor.
The matching grant program is designed to assist nonprofit economic development organizations or local governments in preparing available greenfield sites for industrial development.
The program is open to all economic development organizations and units of local government. Grant recipients are selected after MDA’s Grants Review Committee reviews each application’s proposed site development and its potential for improving industrial recruitment efforts.
Applicants can only apply for one project and must match state grant dollars 1:1. Individual county projects are eligible for a maximum of $25,000 in matching funds from MDA, and multi-county proposals are eligible for up to $35,000 in matching funds.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy