PriorityOne to build branches in Collins, Ridgeland
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 17,2014
MAGEE — PriorityOne Bank has unveiled plans for expansion in 2014.
In 2009, a lot was purchased at the intersection of Highway 98 and Highway 589 in Hattiesburg with the intention of constructing a branch on this site at some time in the future. In addition, property was also purchased in 2013 on the Highway 49 frontage road in Collins next to the Civic Center with the intention of constructing a branch on that site.
During Priority’s January board meeting, the directors unanimously approved both projects and PriorityOne Bank is in the process of finalizing contracts and requesting regulatory approval to get the construction of these branches started. It is expected that these branches will be completed sometime in the fourth quarter of this year and will be open before the end of 2014.
In addition, for several years PriorityOne has had an interest in moving into the Madison County market with a branch location.
CEO Robert Barnes said, “I am pleased to say that we have filed an application to open a branch in the Township at Colony Park on the Parkway in Ridgeland. It is anticipated that this location will be open in the second quarter of 2014. I am also pleased to report that we have hired Eddie Woodard to manage this office as our Madison County president.”
Woodard comes to PriorityOne from Renasant Bank in Madison where he worked as a commercial lender for the past eight years.
PriorityOne, based in Magee, operates in 10 Mississippi communities: Collins, Seminary, Hattiesburg, Magee, Mendenhall, Richland, Brandon, Pearl, Pelahatchie and Morton. PriorityOne Mortgage also has mortgage loan origination offices in Hattiesburg, Collins and Brandon. The bank has assets of approximately $525 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public