MSU makes ‘return on investment’ national ranking
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 18,2014
Tags: BestValueSchools.com, college, education, higher education, Institution of Higher Learning, land-grant university, Mississippi State University, public university, return on investment, university, Web site
STARKVILLE — BestValueSchools.com recently published a series of free articles that ranks U.S. colleges and universities for return on investment (ROI) across four geographic regions.
The site ranks dozens of schools based on data from a number of sources, including U.S. News and World Report and PayScale.
Mississippi State University is the only state school to make the ranking.
Other Southern institutions of higher learning that made the ranking are: Georgia Institute of Technology; University of Kentucky; University of Tennessee; University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill; West Virginia University; University of Alabama; University of Arkansas; University of Florida; Louisiana State University; Clemson University; University of Virginia; and University of Texas-Austin
The top ranked universities for ROI in the northeastern region of the U.S. are: Stony Brook University-SUNY; University of Maine; University of Vermont; University of New Hampshire; University of Massachusetts-Amherst; University of Rhode Island; Pennsylvania University-University Park; University of Connecticut; University of Delaware; Rutgers University; and University of Maryland-College Park.
The best colleges for ROI in the Midwest are: University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign of Champaign; University of South Dakota; Purdue University; University of Nebraska-Lincoln; University of North Dakota; Ohio State University; University of Missouri; University of Kansas; University of Iowa; University of Oklahoma; University of Wisconsin Madison; University of Minnesota-Twin Cities; and University of Michigan-Ann Arbor.
The list of top-ranked universities in the western states are: University of California-Berkeley; University of Hawaii-Manoa; University of Oregon; University of New Mexico; University of Wyoming; University of Nevada-Reno; University of Arizona; Montana State University; University of Idaho; University of Utah; University of Colorado-Boulder; University of Alaska-Fairbanks; and University of Washington.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- HCC works deal with MSU Extension Service for land to expand
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Education leaders applying for $15M in grants for pre-kindergarten program