Woman arrested, accused of selling counterfeit goods
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 18,2014
Tags: arrest, Attorney General's Office, CD, Consumer Protection Division, counterfeit, crime, DVD, Homeland Security, Jim Hood, law, law enforcement, legal, Mildred Jones, North Mississippi Narcotics Unit, Operation Knock Out Knock Offs, Pontotoc Sheriff's Office, Tupelo Police Department
PONTOTOC — A woman has been arrested for selling and producing counterfeit DVD’s in the Tupelo area, according to Attorney General Jim Hood.
Mildred Jones, 49 of Pontotoc, was arrested after a traffic stop on McCullough Boulevard, within the city limits of Tupelo, led to a large stash of allegedly counterfeit CD/DVD’s. Tips from the general public resulted in the undercover operations where Jones is alleged to have been selling counterfeit goods across the Lee/Pontotoc Mississippi area.
Investigators with the Attorney General’s Operation Knock Out Knock Offs task force seized approximately $ 50,000 in alleged counterfeited copyrighted material from Jones.
Law enforcement agents from the Attorney General’s Office Consumer Protection Division, Tupelo Police Department, Pontotoc County Sheriff’s Office, North Mississippi Narcotics Unit and Homeland Security Investigations all assisted in the investigation and arrest.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015