Woman arrested, accused of selling counterfeit goods
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 18,2014
Tags: arrest, Attorney General's Office, CD, Consumer Protection Division, counterfeit, crime, DVD, Homeland Security, Jim Hood, law, law enforcement, legal, Mildred Jones, North Mississippi Narcotics Unit, Operation Knock Out Knock Offs, Pontotoc Sheriff's Office, Tupelo Police Department
PONTOTOC — A woman has been arrested for selling and producing counterfeit DVD’s in the Tupelo area, according to Attorney General Jim Hood.
Mildred Jones, 49 of Pontotoc, was arrested after a traffic stop on McCullough Boulevard, within the city limits of Tupelo, led to a large stash of allegedly counterfeit CD/DVD’s. Tips from the general public resulted in the undercover operations where Jones is alleged to have been selling counterfeit goods across the Lee/Pontotoc Mississippi area.
Investigators with the Attorney General’s Operation Knock Out Knock Offs task force seized approximately $ 50,000 in alleged counterfeited copyrighted material from Jones.
Law enforcement agents from the Attorney General’s Office Consumer Protection Division, Tupelo Police Department, Pontotoc County Sheriff’s Office, North Mississippi Narcotics Unit and Homeland Security Investigations all assisted in the investigation and arrest.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal