MDEQ lifts water contact advisory for Coast beach
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 19,2014
GULFPORT — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, has lifted a water contact advisory that was issued Feb. 12 for a Coast beach.
MDEQ lifted the advisory for Station 11-Gulfport East, which extends from Teagarden Road east to Anniston Avenue.
Water samples at this station show the area has attained acceptable bacteria levels.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports