RE/MAX: Winter storms chill U.S. home sales
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 19,2014
DENVER — As the result of unusually strong winter storms, January home sales fell lower while prices continued a trend of double-digit increases, according to the RE/MAX National Housing Report.
Winter storms that impacted many regions of the country caused numerous delays or cancellations of closings, bringing home sales 7.1 percent lower than one year ago.
With the rate of sales in January, the months supply of inventory fell to 5.3 months. On a yearly basis, the January inventory marked the 10th consecutive month with fewer losses than the previous month.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state