RE/MAX: Winter storms chill U.S. home sales
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 19,2014
DENVER — As the result of unusually strong winter storms, January home sales fell lower while prices continued a trend of double-digit increases, according to the RE/MAX National Housing Report.
Winter storms that impacted many regions of the country caused numerous delays or cancellations of closings, bringing home sales 7.1 percent lower than one year ago.
With the rate of sales in January, the months supply of inventory fell to 5.3 months. On a yearly basis, the January inventory marked the 10th consecutive month with fewer losses than the previous month.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- DAVID DALLAS — Delbert Hosemann: An unsung hero chooses to remain so