Self, Cal-Maine executive, dies at 84
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 19,2014
JACKSON — Jack B. Self, a long-time executive with Cal-Maine Foods Inc., has died. He was 84.
Self served as the company’s vice president of operations-production, and had been an employee of Cal-Maine Foods since 1968.
Dolph Baker, chairman, president and CEO of Cal-Maine, said, “All of us at Cal-Maine Foods are deeply saddened by the death of our good friend and colleague, Jack Self. He has been a valued member of the Cal-Maine Foods family for over 46 years and played an important role in the company’s growth and development. More importantly, Jack served as a great mentor and teacher to many of us throughout the company. He was also well respected in our industry and has built a legacy that will survive him in the years to come. During the coming days, our prayers and support will be with Jack’s family.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Self, Cal-Maine executive, dies at 84”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Community Bank names new officers
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams