Self, Cal-Maine executive, dies at 84
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 19,2014
JACKSON — Jack B. Self, a long-time executive with Cal-Maine Foods Inc., has died. He was 84.
Self served as the company’s vice president of operations-production, and had been an employee of Cal-Maine Foods since 1968.
Dolph Baker, chairman, president and CEO of Cal-Maine, said, “All of us at Cal-Maine Foods are deeply saddened by the death of our good friend and colleague, Jack Self. He has been a valued member of the Cal-Maine Foods family for over 46 years and played an important role in the company’s growth and development. More importantly, Jack served as a great mentor and teacher to many of us throughout the company. He was also well respected in our industry and has built a legacy that will survive him in the years to come. During the coming days, our prayers and support will be with Jack’s family.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Self, Cal-Maine executive, dies at 84”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41