Self, Cal-Maine executive, dies at 84
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 19,2014
JACKSON — Jack B. Self, a long-time executive with Cal-Maine Foods Inc., has died. He was 84.
Self served as the company’s vice president of operations-production, and had been an employee of Cal-Maine Foods since 1968.
Dolph Baker, chairman, president and CEO of Cal-Maine, said, “All of us at Cal-Maine Foods are deeply saddened by the death of our good friend and colleague, Jack Self. He has been a valued member of the Cal-Maine Foods family for over 46 years and played an important role in the company’s growth and development. More importantly, Jack served as a great mentor and teacher to many of us throughout the company. He was also well respected in our industry and has built a legacy that will survive him in the years to come. During the coming days, our prayers and support will be with Jack’s family.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Self, Cal-Maine executive, dies at 84”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block