MDA tabs nine industrial sites for development grants
by For the MBJ
Published: February 21,2014
The Mississippi Development Authority has awarded nine site development grants to economic development entities throughout the state.
The matching grant program assists nonprofit economic development organizations or local governments in preparing available greenfield sites for industrial development.
The program is open to all economic development organizations and units of local government. The MDA’s Grants Review Committee reviews applications and selects grant recipients. The committee examines each application’s proposed site development and its potential for improving industrial recruitment efforts.
Applicants can only apply for one project and must match state grant dollars 1:1. Individual county projects are eligible for a maximum of $25,000 in matching funds from MDA, and multi-county proposals are eligible for up to $35,000 in matching funds.
Recipients of Site Development Grant Program funds for 2013 are:
• Panola Partnership
• Washington County
• Booneville-Prentiss County
• Madison County Economic Development Authority
• Winston County Economic Development Partnership
• Brookhaven-Lincoln County Chamber and Industrial Development Foundation
• Economic Development Authority of Jones County
• Area Development Partnership
• Hancock County Port and Harbor
MDA Executive Director Brent Christensen said the MDA’s site development grants are a resource for economic development organizations to access in order to increase their competitiveness in attracting new industry to their regions. “Companies often seek locations that are shovel-ready so they can begin construction immediately, and this grant program assists in creating more shovel-ready sites throughout the state,” he said.
Economic development organizations and local governments interested in learning more about the site development grant program are encouraged to contact their MDA regional office. A map of MDA’s regional offices and their contact information can be found at http://www.mississippi.org/existing-business/regional-offices/.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex