Report: Optimism up among Coast CEOs, business owners
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 21,2014
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — The Gulf Coast Business Council Research Foundation has released its quarterly CEO and Business Owners Confidence Report for the fourth quarter of 2013.
“After a decline in confidence for the third quarter of 2013, we are pleased to see business leaders are optimistic of improvements in the coming months”, said Jack Norris, president of the Gulf Coast Business Council. “It is also encouraging that confidence is up compared to the same time the previous year.”
Some highlights of the study are:
• The CEO & Business Owner Confidence for the Mississippi Gulf Coast increased in the fourth quarter relative to both prior quarter and prior year. The measure of business confidence includes three components, two of which gauge perceptions of the current economy and one that factors in future expectations; a score of 50 would indicate overall neutrality, or that the economy is neither improving nor worsening. While respondents did not report any significant improvements in the current economy, expectations looking ahead six months reached a three-year high. When delving into the future expectations index of 64, respondents from Jackson County were the most confident (68), with Hancock and Harrison Counties reporting 66 and 60, respectively.
• The combined sales tax base for the Mississippi Gulf Coast has now expanded (year-over-year) in 19 consecutive months. Harrison County was up 3.1 percent over prior year, Jackson County was up 2.8 percent and Hancock was down marginally (1.1 percent).
For the complete report, visit www.msgcbc.org.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring