Crews begin work on I-55 reconstruction project
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 24,2014
Tags: City of Madison, construction, Cotton Hill Road, Grandview Boulevard, infrastructure, Interstate 55, Madison Avenue, Mississippi Department of Transportation, Reconstruction, roadbuilding, transportation, travel
MADISON — Part of an Interstate 55 reconstruction project is underway in Central Mississippi.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT), in cooperation with the city of Madison, has temporarily closed the south end of Grandview Boulevard at the Madison Avenue intersection to align it with Cotton Hill Road.
Work began this weekend and is expected to be complete in three weeks depending on weather conditions.
MDOT reports crews will work to expedite the process to keep the closure to a minimum.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions