Crews begin work on I-55 reconstruction project
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 24,2014
Tags: City of Madison, construction, Cotton Hill Road, Grandview Boulevard, infrastructure, Interstate 55, Madison Avenue, Mississippi Department of Transportation, Reconstruction, roadbuilding, transportation, travel
MADISON — Part of an Interstate 55 reconstruction project is underway in Central Mississippi.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT), in cooperation with the city of Madison, has temporarily closed the south end of Grandview Boulevard at the Madison Avenue intersection to align it with Cotton Hill Road.
Work began this weekend and is expected to be complete in three weeks depending on weather conditions.
MDOT reports crews will work to expedite the process to keep the closure to a minimum.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!