Crews begin work on I-55 reconstruction project
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 24,2014
Tags: City of Madison, construction, Cotton Hill Road, Grandview Boulevard, infrastructure, Interstate 55, Madison Avenue, Mississippi Department of Transportation, Reconstruction, roadbuilding, transportation, travel
MADISON — Part of an Interstate 55 reconstruction project is underway in Central Mississippi.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT), in cooperation with the city of Madison, has temporarily closed the south end of Grandview Boulevard at the Madison Avenue intersection to align it with Cotton Hill Road.
Work began this weekend and is expected to be complete in three weeks depending on weather conditions.
MDOT reports crews will work to expedite the process to keep the closure to a minimum.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager