Crews begin work on I-55 reconstruction project
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 24,2014
Tags: City of Madison, construction, Cotton Hill Road, Grandview Boulevard, infrastructure, Interstate 55, Madison Avenue, Mississippi Department of Transportation, Reconstruction, roadbuilding, transportation, travel
MADISON — Part of an Interstate 55 reconstruction project is underway in Central Mississippi.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT), in cooperation with the city of Madison, has temporarily closed the south end of Grandview Boulevard at the Madison Avenue intersection to align it with Cotton Hill Road.
Work began this weekend and is expected to be complete in three weeks depending on weather conditions.
MDOT reports crews will work to expedite the process to keep the closure to a minimum.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant