Crews begin work on I-55 reconstruction project
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 24,2014
Tags: City of Madison, construction, Cotton Hill Road, Grandview Boulevard, infrastructure, Interstate 55, Madison Avenue, Mississippi Department of Transportation, Reconstruction, roadbuilding, transportation, travel
MADISON — Part of an Interstate 55 reconstruction project is underway in Central Mississippi.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT), in cooperation with the city of Madison, has temporarily closed the south end of Grandview Boulevard at the Madison Avenue intersection to align it with Cotton Hill Road.
Work began this weekend and is expected to be complete in three weeks depending on weather conditions.
MDOT reports crews will work to expedite the process to keep the closure to a minimum.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015