Jason Walton named head of school at Jackson Prep
Jason Walton, Ph.D., has been named the sixth head of school at Jackson Preparatory School. Walton succeeds Susan Lindsay, head of school since 2004, who will retire in June after serving the school for 40 years in a variety of positions. Walton is a fourth-generation educator in Mississippi. After receiving his undergraduate and master’s degrees from the University of Mississippi, he began his career in education by teaching high school for four years in north Mississippi. He was accepted in Vanderbilt University’s nationally-ranked Ph.D. program, focusing on K-12 school administration. There he was selected by the chair of the Department of Leadership, Policy, and Organizations to serve as associate editor of the Peabody Journal of Education. Subsequent to full-time doctoral work in Nashville, Walton served as assistant director of Tennessee’s Office of Education Accountability.
While serving in Tennessee, he was recruited to serve as director of strategic initiatives at Lynn University in Boca Raton, Fla. In 2006, he was named chief of staff and staff liaison to the board of trustees at Lynn.
Walton’s wife, Laurie, has taught for many years at an independent K4-12 Christian school in West Palm Beach, Fla., as a high school geography and advanced placement world history teacher. They have two children, Caroline, 10, and John, five.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Scientists seeing more invasive trapjaw ants on Coast
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Trop Greenville ahead of schedule on significant expansion
- Judge rules for Fish and Wildlife Service in frog habitat case
- Diamondhead Casino Corporation wins site approval