Memorial gets new tool to spur quality improvements
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 24,2014
GULFPORT — Memorial Hospital at Gulfport has selected Salt Lake City, Utah-based Health Catalyst’s Late-Binding Data Warehouse and Analytics platform, aimed at driving faster improvements in quality and more efficient overall performance.
Memorial will use Health Catalyst’s healthcare-specific enterprise data warehouse (EDW) and analytics applications to build on its quality improvement program.
“Memorial has driven significant quality improvements over the years but with ever-increasing amounts of clinical data we’re going to need the most advanced applications to analyze and understand all of the data we’re collecting and to build that knowledge into our decision-making process,” said Gene Thomas, chief information officer of Memorial. “We reviewed every approach on the market and selected Health Catalyst due to their expertise and history of delivering what they say they’ll deliver, and doing it exponentially faster than anyone else.”
Health Catalyst will provide, for the first time, a unified view of clinical and performance data from Memorial’s McKesson and Allscripts electronic health records (EHR) and other enterprise applications across the health system.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects