Memorial gets new tool to spur quality improvements
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 24,2014
GULFPORT — Memorial Hospital at Gulfport has selected Salt Lake City, Utah-based Health Catalyst’s Late-Binding Data Warehouse and Analytics platform, aimed at driving faster improvements in quality and more efficient overall performance.
Memorial will use Health Catalyst’s healthcare-specific enterprise data warehouse (EDW) and analytics applications to build on its quality improvement program.
“Memorial has driven significant quality improvements over the years but with ever-increasing amounts of clinical data we’re going to need the most advanced applications to analyze and understand all of the data we’re collecting and to build that knowledge into our decision-making process,” said Gene Thomas, chief information officer of Memorial. “We reviewed every approach on the market and selected Health Catalyst due to their expertise and history of delivering what they say they’ll deliver, and doing it exponentially faster than anyone else.”
Health Catalyst will provide, for the first time, a unified view of clinical and performance data from Memorial’s McKesson and Allscripts electronic health records (EHR) and other enterprise applications across the health system.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image