MSU Foundation names five new members
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 24,2014
The Mississippi State University Foundation has named five new members to its 46-seat board of directors. The MSU alumni include: David B. Hall of Meridian, CEO of Hall Timberlands; Malcolm B. Lightsey Sr. of Ridgeland, retired president and CEO of SunTech Inc.; John R. Lundy of Jackson, partner for Capitol Resources LLC; Cynthia M. Stevens of Alexandria, Va., management principal for government relations with Deloitte LLP; and Anthony L. Wilson of Atlanta, Ga., executive vice president of customer service and operations for Georgia Power Co.
Returning members for 2014 include: James W. Bagley of Trophy Club, Texas, retired executive chairman of the board of Lam Research Corp. in Freemont, Calif.; D. Hines Brannan Jr. of Atlanta, Ga., retired managing director of Accenture; George W. Bryan of West Point, owner of Old Waverly Golf Club; James E. Newsome of Washington, D.C., partner at Delta Strategy Group; and J.F. “Bud” Thompson Jr. of Meridian, partner with Thompson Limited Partnership of Meridian.
In addition to board members, the MSU Foundation re-elected last year’s officers to another one-year term. They include: president Bobby S. Shackouls of Houston, Texas, retired chairman, president and CEO of Burlington Resources Inc.; vice president Earnest W. “Earnie” Deavenport Jr. of Kiawah Island, S.C., and Banner Elk, N.C., retired chairman and CEO of Kingsport, Tenn.-based Eastman Chemical Co.; and treasurer Mary M. Childs of Ripley, president, CEO, COO and vice chairman of the Peoples Bank.
John P. Rush, MSU vice president for development and alumni, is the foundation board’s CEO. David Easley, executive director of finance, is its chief financial officer, and Jack McCarty, executive director of development, is board secretary.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters