Terry Sellers makes donation to Forest History Society Library
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 24,2014
Mississippi State University forest products professor emeritus Terry Sellers Jr. recently donated his professional archives to the Forest History Society Library in Durham, N.C. A Sharp Professor of Forest Products, Sellers worked at MSU as a researcher and educator for 24 years before retiring in 2004. He studied natural and synthetic adhesives and engineered wood products, such as particleboard, plywood and laminated beams and arches.
Sellers’ book, “Plywood and Adhesive Technology,” has received worldwide praise. Many of his publications have been translated into Japanese and Spanish. He has worked as a private consultant for academic, governmental and industry clients in 16 countries.
During his tenure at MSU, he received a patent on his work with kenaf, a fibrous plant similar to bamboo.
Sellers is the past president of the International Forest Products Society and has been honored by the U.S. Department of Commerce for international standards work. He has also received accolades from Shell Oil Co. for adhesive research and the Forest Products Society for outstanding service to the profession. In 2006, Sellers was named Outstanding Alumnus in Auburn University’s College of Forestry and Wildlife Sciences.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy