Terry Sellers makes donation to Forest History Society Library
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 24,2014
Mississippi State University forest products professor emeritus Terry Sellers Jr. recently donated his professional archives to the Forest History Society Library in Durham, N.C. A Sharp Professor of Forest Products, Sellers worked at MSU as a researcher and educator for 24 years before retiring in 2004. He studied natural and synthetic adhesives and engineered wood products, such as particleboard, plywood and laminated beams and arches.
Sellers’ book, “Plywood and Adhesive Technology,” has received worldwide praise. Many of his publications have been translated into Japanese and Spanish. He has worked as a private consultant for academic, governmental and industry clients in 16 countries.
During his tenure at MSU, he received a patent on his work with kenaf, a fibrous plant similar to bamboo.
Sellers is the past president of the International Forest Products Society and has been honored by the U.S. Department of Commerce for international standards work. He has also received accolades from Shell Oil Co. for adhesive research and the Forest Products Society for outstanding service to the profession. In 2006, Sellers was named Outstanding Alumnus in Auburn University’s College of Forestry and Wildlife Sciences.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal