Louisiana bank eyeing expansion into Mississippi
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 25,2014
Tags: bank, banking, city of Natchez, city of Vidalia, Delta Bank, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, finance, financial institution, Louisiana Office of Financial Institutions, Will Devening. Ed Haworth
NATCHEZ — Vidalia, La.-based Delta Bank has filed applications to the Louisiana Office of Financial Institutions and FDIC to open a full-service branch in Natchez.
The branch is expected to open in the next three months pending regulatory approvals and will offer a full line of financial products and services.
The branch will be located at 507 John R. Junkin Drive.
Leading the bank’s Natchez market will be Natchez resident Will Devening.
Ed Haworth, president and CEO of Delta Bank, said, “For four decades, Delta Bank has provided outstanding personalized service throughout the Miss-Lou. We want to acknowledge our growing Mississippi customer base by establishing a branch in Natchez.”
“I joined Delta Bank because it’s a local community bank with a great reputation,” Devening said, “and I want to take part in establishing the first Delta Bank office in Natchez. I’m proud that our service is provided locally by bankers who live in and understand this market. Decisions that impact our customers also are made locally, and our Natchez leadership will be headquartered right here in the community.
Devening has 10 years of banking experience and recently joined Delta Bank from Regions Bank. He is incoming president of the Natchez Rotary Club, which named him a Paul Harris Fellow, chairman of Trinity Episcopal Day School, and a member of the vestry at Trinity Episcopal Church.
Delta Bank, with total assets of $245 million at Dec. 31, 2013, operates one location in each of the following Louisiana communities: Vidalia, Ferriday, Tallulah and Lake Providence.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar