Delta case manager gets prison time for Medicaid fraud
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 26,2014
Tags: Ashley Hines, Attorney General's Office, bench, case worker, court, crime, Delta Community Health Center, fraud, guilty, health care, Jom Hood, judge, justice, law, law enforcement, Marguerite Wilson, Medicaid, medical, medicine, Mississippi Crime Victim Compensation Fund, plea, prison, restitution, Washington County Circuit Court
GREENVILLE — A Greenville resident is going to prison for Medicaid fraud.
Attorney General Jim Hood says Marguerite Wilson, 31, of Greenville, appeared before Judge Ashley Hines in Washington County Circuit Court yesterday to be sentenced after pleading guilty to three counts of Medicaid Fraud in January.
Wilson was sentenced to five years in prison, with two to serve on each count and all to run concurrently. Restitution was ordered in the amount of $13,488.03. After serving her sentence, Wilson will remain on post-release supervision until the restitution is paid in full. She was also ordered to pay $500 to the Mississippi Crime Victim Compensation Fund, as well as court costs and assessments.
Wilson was working as a case manager for Delta Community Mental Health Center at the time the crimes were committed. She admitted to billing Medicaid for services she never rendered.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Court ruling on Section 42 leaves taxpayers on hook for tax repayments
- Wisconsin man pleads guilty to illegal wildlife trapping
- Jackson air fares among most expensive in the nation