Delta case manager gets prison time for Medicaid fraud
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 26,2014
Tags: Ashley Hines, Attorney General's Office, bench, case worker, court, crime, Delta Community Health Center, fraud, guilty, health care, Jom Hood, judge, justice, law, law enforcement, Marguerite Wilson, Medicaid, medical, medicine, Mississippi Crime Victim Compensation Fund, plea, prison, restitution, Washington County Circuit Court
GREENVILLE — A Greenville resident is going to prison for Medicaid fraud.
Attorney General Jim Hood says Marguerite Wilson, 31, of Greenville, appeared before Judge Ashley Hines in Washington County Circuit Court yesterday to be sentenced after pleading guilty to three counts of Medicaid Fraud in January.
Wilson was sentenced to five years in prison, with two to serve on each count and all to run concurrently. Restitution was ordered in the amount of $13,488.03. After serving her sentence, Wilson will remain on post-release supervision until the restitution is paid in full. She was also ordered to pay $500 to the Mississippi Crime Victim Compensation Fund, as well as court costs and assessments.
Wilson was working as a case manager for Delta Community Mental Health Center at the time the crimes were committed. She admitted to billing Medicaid for services she never rendered.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders