Delta case manager gets prison time for Medicaid fraud
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 26,2014
Tags: Ashley Hines, Attorney General's Office, bench, case worker, court, crime, Delta Community Health Center, fraud, guilty, health care, Jom Hood, judge, justice, law, law enforcement, Marguerite Wilson, Medicaid, medical, medicine, Mississippi Crime Victim Compensation Fund, plea, prison, restitution, Washington County Circuit Court
GREENVILLE — A Greenville resident is going to prison for Medicaid fraud.
Attorney General Jim Hood says Marguerite Wilson, 31, of Greenville, appeared before Judge Ashley Hines in Washington County Circuit Court yesterday to be sentenced after pleading guilty to three counts of Medicaid Fraud in January.
Wilson was sentenced to five years in prison, with two to serve on each count and all to run concurrently. Restitution was ordered in the amount of $13,488.03. After serving her sentence, Wilson will remain on post-release supervision until the restitution is paid in full. She was also ordered to pay $500 to the Mississippi Crime Victim Compensation Fund, as well as court costs and assessments.
Wilson was working as a case manager for Delta Community Mental Health Center at the time the crimes were committed. She admitted to billing Medicaid for services she never rendered.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics