Park Service wants comments on bank stabilization project
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 28,2014
TUPELO — The National Park Service is seeking public comment on a wetland and floodplain statement of findings (SOF) that analyzes impacts of a bank stabilization project at Chiwapa Creek (milepost 253, Lee County).
The purpose of the project is to remove an island sandbar within the creek that causes water diversion and increased streambank erosion, and to mitigate existing erosion of the streambank using rip rap/rock.
This SOF documents compliance with Executive Orders 11988 and 11990, which govern protection of wetlands and management of floodplains.
Comments received during the public comment period will be used to help evaluate issues and concerns to be further addressed in the environmental review process. Comments will be accepted from Feb. 26-March 12, 2014.
Entire comments, including any personal identifying information, may be made publicly available at any time.
Comments can be submitted online at parkplanning.nps.gov/natr, or mailed to Natchez Trace Parkway, 2680 Natchez Trace Parkway, Tupelo, MS 38804, Attention: Superintendent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Olive Branch votes to issue $8 million in bonds