Park Service wants comments on bank stabilization project
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 28,2014
TUPELO — The National Park Service is seeking public comment on a wetland and floodplain statement of findings (SOF) that analyzes impacts of a bank stabilization project at Chiwapa Creek (milepost 253, Lee County).
The purpose of the project is to remove an island sandbar within the creek that causes water diversion and increased streambank erosion, and to mitigate existing erosion of the streambank using rip rap/rock.
This SOF documents compliance with Executive Orders 11988 and 11990, which govern protection of wetlands and management of floodplains.
Comments received during the public comment period will be used to help evaluate issues and concerns to be further addressed in the environmental review process. Comments will be accepted from Feb. 26-March 12, 2014.
Entire comments, including any personal identifying information, may be made publicly available at any time.
Comments can be submitted online at parkplanning.nps.gov/natr, or mailed to Natchez Trace Parkway, 2680 Natchez Trace Parkway, Tupelo, MS 38804, Attention: Superintendent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast