Park Service wants comments on bank stabilization project
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 28,2014
TUPELO — The National Park Service is seeking public comment on a wetland and floodplain statement of findings (SOF) that analyzes impacts of a bank stabilization project at Chiwapa Creek (milepost 253, Lee County).
The purpose of the project is to remove an island sandbar within the creek that causes water diversion and increased streambank erosion, and to mitigate existing erosion of the streambank using rip rap/rock.
This SOF documents compliance with Executive Orders 11988 and 11990, which govern protection of wetlands and management of floodplains.
Comments received during the public comment period will be used to help evaluate issues and concerns to be further addressed in the environmental review process. Comments will be accepted from Feb. 26-March 12, 2014.
Entire comments, including any personal identifying information, may be made publicly available at any time.
Comments can be submitted online at parkplanning.nps.gov/natr, or mailed to Natchez Trace Parkway, 2680 Natchez Trace Parkway, Tupelo, MS 38804, Attention: Superintendent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years