Park Service wants comments on bank stabilization project
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 28,2014
TUPELO — The National Park Service is seeking public comment on a wetland and floodplain statement of findings (SOF) that analyzes impacts of a bank stabilization project at Chiwapa Creek (milepost 253, Lee County).
The purpose of the project is to remove an island sandbar within the creek that causes water diversion and increased streambank erosion, and to mitigate existing erosion of the streambank using rip rap/rock.
This SOF documents compliance with Executive Orders 11988 and 11990, which govern protection of wetlands and management of floodplains.
Comments received during the public comment period will be used to help evaluate issues and concerns to be further addressed in the environmental review process. Comments will be accepted from Feb. 26-March 12, 2014.
Entire comments, including any personal identifying information, may be made publicly available at any time.
Comments can be submitted online at parkplanning.nps.gov/natr, or mailed to Natchez Trace Parkway, 2680 Natchez Trace Parkway, Tupelo, MS 38804, Attention: Superintendent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form