Park Service wants comments on bank stabilization project
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 28,2014
TUPELO — The National Park Service is seeking public comment on a wetland and floodplain statement of findings (SOF) that analyzes impacts of a bank stabilization project at Chiwapa Creek (milepost 253, Lee County).
The purpose of the project is to remove an island sandbar within the creek that causes water diversion and increased streambank erosion, and to mitigate existing erosion of the streambank using rip rap/rock.
This SOF documents compliance with Executive Orders 11988 and 11990, which govern protection of wetlands and management of floodplains.
Comments received during the public comment period will be used to help evaluate issues and concerns to be further addressed in the environmental review process. Comments will be accepted from Feb. 26-March 12, 2014.
Entire comments, including any personal identifying information, may be made publicly available at any time.
Comments can be submitted online at parkplanning.nps.gov/natr, or mailed to Natchez Trace Parkway, 2680 Natchez Trace Parkway, Tupelo, MS 38804, Attention: Superintendent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement