StartupBus to make stop in Jackson; looking for riders
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 28,2014
JACKSON — The Tennessee StartupBus will make a stop in the Jackson metro area March 3 on its way to compete in the National StartupBus Competition in San Antonio, Texas, and Innovate Mississippi is seeking two Mississippi entrepreneurs to join the Tennessee bus.
StartupBus North America is a mobile competition where busses filled with entrepreneurs, coders and designers embark on a three-day, cross-country road trip, all while forming businesses and preparing for the national startup competition. The trip kicks-off with passengers pitching business ideas. Teams form around the top ideas, and then the coding, designing and developing begins.
This year, the event is being held March 2-6, and nine busses from seven regions across the continent will travel to, and convene in, San Antonio for the competition. They will then travel to Austin for the national SXSW Conference. Busses will originate from Guadalajara, Kansas City, Mexico City, Nashville, New York City, San Francisco, Seattle, Tampa Bay and Toronto.
Innovate Mississippi is hosting the Jackson stop for the Tennessee StartupBus traveling from Nashville. The 20 “buspreneurs” will have a chance to meet with Jackson area business experts, who will serve as mentors, and practice their business pitches. The Tennessee StartupBus is organized by Launch Tennessee and the Jumpstart Foundry.
Mississippi entrepreneurs have an opportunity to fill the final two remaining seats on the Tennessee bus.
“We’re hoping that two Mississippians get to hop on the bus and emerge themselves in this startup experience,” said Tony Jeff, president and CEO of Innovate Mississippi. “We know from our Startup Weekend events that these types of experiences can inspire entrepreneurs for life.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year