Cal-Maine closes on acquisition of Delta Egg Farm
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 4,2014
JACKSON — Cal-Maine Foods Inc. (NASDAQ: CALM) has closed the previously announced acquisition of 50 percent of the membership interests of Delta Egg Farm, LLC from Sunbest Foods of Iowa Inc., a Moark, LLC affiliate.
Delta Egg Farm owns and operates a feed mill and egg production complex with capacity for approximately 1.2 million laying hens, located near Delta, Utah, and an organic egg production complex with capacity for approximately 400,000 laying hens located near Chase, Kan.
With the completion of this transaction, Delta Egg Farm is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Cal-Maine.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force