Nissan sets another sales record despite winter weather
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 4,2014
CANTON — Nissan Group saw total U.S. sales for February 2014 of 115,360 units, an increase of 15.8 percent compared to last year.
Highlights of Mississippi-built products are:
• Sales of the Frontier pickup rose 112 percent to 5,791 units
• Altima sales totaled 30,849 units in February, an increase of 11 percent
• Sales of the Xterra increased by 83.2 percent to 1,795 units
• Nissan Sentra sales totaled 12,339 units, an increase in 22.7 percent.
“Despite the frigid temperatures and weather-related challenges, Nissan sales continued with good momentum this month setting a February record — our 11th monthly sales record in the last 12 months,” said Fred Diaz, Nissan’s senior vice president for U.S. sales & marketing, parts & service. “Nissan’s core models, five of which have just launched in the past year and a half, are driving strong retail sales. The all-new Rogue, now built in Tennessee, was a real stand-out up 73 percent. Long-time favorites like Altima with double-digit growth continue to bolster Nissan sales and market share.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Office occupancy edged up throughout Metro Jackson