Nissan sets another sales record despite winter weather
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 4,2014
CANTON — Nissan Group saw total U.S. sales for February 2014 of 115,360 units, an increase of 15.8 percent compared to last year.
Highlights of Mississippi-built products are:
• Sales of the Frontier pickup rose 112 percent to 5,791 units
• Altima sales totaled 30,849 units in February, an increase of 11 percent
• Sales of the Xterra increased by 83.2 percent to 1,795 units
• Nissan Sentra sales totaled 12,339 units, an increase in 22.7 percent.
“Despite the frigid temperatures and weather-related challenges, Nissan sales continued with good momentum this month setting a February record — our 11th monthly sales record in the last 12 months,” said Fred Diaz, Nissan’s senior vice president for U.S. sales & marketing, parts & service. “Nissan’s core models, five of which have just launched in the past year and a half, are driving strong retail sales. The all-new Rogue, now built in Tennessee, was a real stand-out up 73 percent. Long-time favorites like Altima with double-digit growth continue to bolster Nissan sales and market share.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well