Nissan sets another sales record despite winter weather
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 4,2014
CANTON — Nissan Group saw total U.S. sales for February 2014 of 115,360 units, an increase of 15.8 percent compared to last year.
Highlights of Mississippi-built products are:
• Sales of the Frontier pickup rose 112 percent to 5,791 units
• Altima sales totaled 30,849 units in February, an increase of 11 percent
• Sales of the Xterra increased by 83.2 percent to 1,795 units
• Nissan Sentra sales totaled 12,339 units, an increase in 22.7 percent.
“Despite the frigid temperatures and weather-related challenges, Nissan sales continued with good momentum this month setting a February record — our 11th monthly sales record in the last 12 months,” said Fred Diaz, Nissan’s senior vice president for U.S. sales & marketing, parts & service. “Nissan’s core models, five of which have just launched in the past year and a half, are driving strong retail sales. The all-new Rogue, now built in Tennessee, was a real stand-out up 73 percent. Long-time favorites like Altima with double-digit growth continue to bolster Nissan sales and market share.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option