Nissan sets another sales record despite winter weather
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 4,2014
CANTON — Nissan Group saw total U.S. sales for February 2014 of 115,360 units, an increase of 15.8 percent compared to last year.
Highlights of Mississippi-built products are:
• Sales of the Frontier pickup rose 112 percent to 5,791 units
• Altima sales totaled 30,849 units in February, an increase of 11 percent
• Sales of the Xterra increased by 83.2 percent to 1,795 units
• Nissan Sentra sales totaled 12,339 units, an increase in 22.7 percent.
“Despite the frigid temperatures and weather-related challenges, Nissan sales continued with good momentum this month setting a February record — our 11th monthly sales record in the last 12 months,” said Fred Diaz, Nissan’s senior vice president for U.S. sales & marketing, parts & service. “Nissan’s core models, five of which have just launched in the past year and a half, are driving strong retail sales. The all-new Rogue, now built in Tennessee, was a real stand-out up 73 percent. Long-time favorites like Altima with double-digit growth continue to bolster Nissan sales and market share.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal